Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Madame Janette's Oct.11th

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    105
    Wow DH is I are headed for Aruba 2 weeks from today. Although I try and find new places to eat I never do away with MJs. Did the owners ever reply to any of these comments? I am somewhat skeptical of going this visit with what I am reading here. If there are any others who have recent reviews please comment. Thanks. Upon our last visit which was in June we brought a bottle of wine with us and the waiter did not charge us a cork fee. I thought that was very nice. I always have a salad with a great steak on top and my husband has the huge piece of grouper. It was always wonderful and plentiful. So sad to hear of the negative reports. I hope they improve!

  2. #32
    Senior Member Chef Kasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    109

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Diann24 View Post
    Wow DH is I are headed for Aruba 2 weeks from today. Although I try and find new places to eat I never do away with MJs. Did the owners ever reply to any of these comments? I am somewhat skeptical of going this visit with what I am reading here. If there are any others who have recent reviews please comment. Thanks. Upon our last visit which was in June we brought a bottle of wine with us and the waiter did not charge us a cork fee. I thought that was very nice. I always have a salad with a great steak on top and my husband has the huge piece of grouper. It was always wonderful and plentiful. So sad to hear of the negative reports. I hope they improve!

    Here is my response quick and easy DON"T GET FOOLED BY FOOLS ON THE INTERNET if you break down most of those accusations made here and elsewhere and discuss with the stuff what really happens you get a complete other view of things .
    We try to give everyone a perfect MJ experience every night but we are all Human so sometimes something goes wrong it just happens but if you let us, we do everything in our power to make it right for you .
    Regarding Mj we are doing very well for nearly 14 years now with a 80 % repeat Guest rate every night so fare we have one of the best High Seasons ever at Mj i hope that tells you enough . Make up your own mind !!!!
    MJ is still MJ and it will be in the Future

    Greets from Aruba

    Kasi

  3. #33
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,947
    re: not getting fooled by fools on the internet

    every so often folks will come on and make 1 post and then we never see or hear from them again.

    lisa and i and others refer to them as "drive bys" and in some instances trolls.

    many of these drive bys are there solely to get others to read and to make a decision based on the drive by.

    i have huge issues (and it is me, my problem and i take full ownership) is that there are folks out there that will come on and make a negative post about a "particular experience." i will then ask, did you try to speak with the manager/owner to rectify the problem? when they answer no, i just try to shut up about it and move on.

    so i repeat, please folks if you have an unhappy experience with a meal or a vendor, don't wait. immediately ask for a supervisor or a manager.

    no one enjoys negativity.

    except drive bys/trolls, who only come on to create discord.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Kasi View Post
    Here is my response quick and easy DON"T GET FOOLED BY FOOLS ON THE INTERNET if you break down most of those accusations made here and elsewhere and discuss with the stuff what really happens you get a complete other view of things .
    We try to give everyone a perfect MJ experience every night but we are all Human so sometimes something goes wrong it just happens but if you let us, we do everything in our power to make it right for you .
    Regarding Mj we are doing very well for nearly 14 years now with a 80 % repeat Guest rate every night so fare we have one of the best High Seasons ever at Mj i hope that tells you enough . Make up your own mind !!!!
    MJ is still MJ and it will be in the Future

    Greets from Aruba

    Kasi

  4. #34
    Senior Member Chef Kasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    re: not getting fooled by fools on the internet

    every so often folks will come on and make 1 post and then we never see or hear from them again.

    lisa and i and others refer to them as "drive bys" and in some instances trolls.

    many of these drive bys are there solely to get others to read and to make a decision based on the drive by.

    i have huge issues (and it is me, my problem and i take full ownership) is that there are folks out there that will come on and make a negative post about a "particular experience." i will then ask, did you try to speak with the manager/owner to rectify the problem? when they answer no, i just try to shut up about it and move on.

    so i repeat, please folks if you have an unhappy experience with a meal or a vendor, don't wait. immediately ask for a supervisor or a manager.

    no one enjoys negativity.

    except drive bys/trolls, who only come on to create discord.
    Well written Andrea !!!!! You Nailed it !

  5. #35
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,681
    Thanks Chef for your response. It shows the passion you have for your restaurant. DH and I have always had a wonderful experience at MJs. Not sure if you still have it on your menu but I really want to try your firecracker shrimp. I almost always end up with the schnitzel or surf and turf, both which are delicious.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    105
    Chef Kasi,

    So great of you to come on here and reply--Thanks so much. I would also like to add the night my DH and I were there back in June 2012 we had asked for a take home bag, for I had nearly half of my steak left. The waiter forget. We had asked for that and somehow it had gotten "tossed." He apologized and asked us to wait--he returned with nearly half or more of a brand new steak for us to take home I thought that was so very sweet and totally unecessary for him to do.I did not expect that and we greatly appreciated it. I do believe people come on these sites and just say negative things about a restaurant. I appreciate you coming on here and commenting. I will be there in less then 2 weeks to visit my favorite Island Aruba and my as always my favorite restaurant MJ's.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Lewny1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Posts
    355
    MJs is one of our favorites. We love the ambiance, the entertainment and the food. Service is sometimes a bit slow but they are very busy and we are on vacation!! Will be back in April for sure :-)

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    59
    Just made a reservation yesterday for my birthday in February. Sent request by email, and got confirmation this afternoon. We've been going there since the yr they opened and have never been disappointed.
    crosby

  9. #39
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfconect View Post
    what made it good has made it worse. too popular and they figured they could start to fool people. overpriced and not worth it anymore. many other places that give you better service, food and value.
    Sorry, but, I simply disagree! My opinion... still one of the best on the island!

  10. #40
    Senior Member final4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eagle Beach
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    re: not getting fooled by fools on the internet

    every so often folks will come on and make 1 post and then we never see or hear from them again.

    lisa and i and others refer to them as "drive bys" and in some instances trolls.

    many of these drive bys are there solely to get others to read and to make a decision based on the drive by.

    i have huge issues (and it is me, my problem and i take full ownership) is that there are folks out there that will come on and make a negative post about a "particular experience." i will then ask, did you try to speak with the manager/owner to rectify the problem? when they answer no, i just try to shut up about it and move on.

    so i repeat, please folks if you have an unhappy experience with a meal or a vendor, don't wait. immediately ask for a supervisor or a manager.

    no one enjoys negativity.

    except drive bys/trolls, who only come on to create discord.
    Andrea I'm not sure if you are referring to me or not, but I stand by everything in my original post! Service was horrible, portions were very small, and the manager would not talk to us and I TRIED!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO