Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Madame Jeanette's or wacky wahoo

my personal opinion, if you're ordering a fish entree, wacky wahoo
    would be my choice over madam janette. imo their fish is the best on the island.
    atmosphere and choice of menus, would choose madam janette..

I feel like a bit of a broken record but here it goes...

Wacky Wahoos has the best fish, imo but it is not a "dining experience". Madame Janettes, has changed over the years, imo and not as amazing as it once was. Perhaps, it is because this use to be "they" place to go in Aruba but now there are so many other options. I would say that Quinta del Carmen is a better choice (as someone mentioned on this thread) than MJ's. It is similar in its outdoor setting but far superior in its food and service. This place is beautiful!!!

I would also suggest Barefoot (their sister restaurant) which is on the beach and equally beautiful but in a different way. Also, Ventanas del Mar at the Tierra del Sol Golf course is another great place with a lovely outdoor setting.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Madame Janette for us.

my favorite, azzurro..

Madame Janettes any day over WW. I like seafood but was not impressed with my dinner at WW and neither were the other 3 people I was with. It was okay but maybe because everyone made such a big deal out of it we expected something more. We enjoyed our fish at fishes and more over Wacky Wahoos. Loved everything we had at MJ's but that was 2 years ago.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quinta Del Carmen hands down

think quinta is on the list for june..

I absolutely agree with Madame Janette's if there is only one night to eat out. Madame Janette's is just a classic Aruba experience. Fabulous food, great music, and the customer base is a wonderful blend of tourist and locals. It is a traditional vacation experience for any one who visits Aruba. My favorite thing about MJ's is that I can speak to someone who visited Aruba 10 years ago or 10 days ago - and the one thing you always have in common with them is to talk about the fabulous dining experience at MJ's - it truly has maintained its standard of excellence over all these years.
    If I had a second night to pick a restaurant....I agree with Quinta Del Carmen. My husband and I were just in Aruba last month and had seen several postings on the forum about this new restaurant, Quinta Del Carmen which is just down the road from Super Food. I have one word and that is - WOW !!!!! The quality of the food rivals that of Madame Janette's, the service is spectacular and the patio has a small intimate setting - very romantic. If you plan to be in Aruba soon and you like the style of dining offered at Madame Janette's and Papiamento, then you'll really like Quinta Del Carmen.

I agree, Madame Janettes , great food and service, beautiful atmosphere!

Mj

I would also choose MJ. Been going there for eight yours and have always ordered the surf and turf. My mom tried the Almond crusted Grouper and loved it. I am going back ther this Sept and MJ and El Goucho Steaks are my favorite.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast