Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Madame Jeanette's: where to sit? inside or outside? what to eat?

I am thinking of going to Madame Jeanette's for our first dinner in Aruba. Should we sit inside or outside? Is it too hot outside? Are there mosquitoes? (I seem to attract them, and they love to tear me apart).

Also, their special pasta dish is $35. It sounds good but is it worth it? They also have a fish in veg pastry strudel that sounds interesting. Has anyone tried either of these dishes and can offer advice?

If you have the choice, sit outside. Either way it's a great restaurant. The size of the portions are more than generous. We ordered one Ceasar salad and we shared it (4 people).

Definately OUTSIDE! Inside is alot hotter most times! Sit in the back area around the beautifuly lite trees! Never had their pasta thingy...but also never had a bad meal there! Everything is wonderful! The fish dished are the bomb! Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Grouper, etc. Also their shrimp caserole! My husband loves the Filet Giovanni (or something like that) and their Loster Thermador which I understand was taken off the menu but they will make on request. If you like salad their salad is unbelievable. But only order 1! Like the previous post said they are huge and can feed 4.

Yum, I wish I was going...have fun!

Oh and a table near us one time ordered the Chix Cordon Bleu and it was the size of a small football!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You most definately want to sit outside - food is amazing! I've never been unhappy with any meal!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    every seat is outside just whether or not you have a roof over your heads or a palaypa..i was just there a few weeks ago and for about an hour it poured like there was no tomorrow..the people under the stars got drenched, their dinners ruined and that part of the restaurant lost power..my table however which was under the roof but still as i believe outside or open air as some would say was dry and my dinner fantastic..being that no one could eat under the stars with the downpour there was a line of diners waiting to be seated of about 40 people..yes there are mosquitos so either spray yourself with off or if you sit under the roof they have fans setup and i usually request a table next to one because their tiny little wings don't work so well next to the fan and i find i don't get bitten at all..and i am like you a nice meal for a mosquito..i even wear long pants their so not to give the little buggers a chance..lol..also there is no comparison mj's is far and above better than le dome since le dome changed owners..imo..
    scott and tricia

I have been going there for 7 years now and I always sit outside near as I can to the entertainment, food is always fantastic never had a bad meal and never been rained on either and I must be lucky what mosquitos.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by angelone View Post
    I have been going there for 7 years now and I always sit outside near as I can to the entertainment, food is always fantastic never had a bad meal and never been rained on either and I must be lucky what mosquitos.
    OUTSIDE

We always sit outside. Nice restaurant, good food, but a little hot.
    Mike

Easter Dinner

We had dinner on Easter outside and it was fantastic. We ordered rack of lamb and chicken cordon bleu. Both were great and so was dessert! No bugs, either

Ate there just last night. Outside looked best to me BUT there are a few tables that were getting direct sun (one being mine) until 6:30 or so. Just keep that in mind before you get seated. Flies at my table were bad. Maybe I stunk or something because I didn't see anyone else getting them. Loved the food. My Wife had the pasta plate and said it was the bet she ever had.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast