Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree19Likes
  • 10 Post By pratoman
  • 4 Post By Chef Kasi
  • 1 Post By arubabob
  • 4 Post By caribbeansoul

Thread: Madame Jeannette re-review

Madame Jeannette re-review

Last year, upon returning from the island, I posted a review of my dinner at Mme Jeannette, mentioning that I was disappointed in some aspects of the meal at what has always been my favorite restaurant on the island (and the favorite of many others as well)
    the management of the restaurant asked me to contact them via email and when I did, they invited my wife and myself, and my friends, back to give them another try, next time I am on the island.

well, I returned last week from my 14th consecutive year of visiting Aruba about 20 visits in all), and I have to say, they have converted me back to being a big fan
    Thomas and the staff were very gracious, the service was amazing and the quality of the food (and the portion size) was at the outstanding level that I had been accustomed to at Mme Jeannette.

once again, my favorite restaurant on the island, can't wait to go back next year.

Thank you Madame Jeannette!

Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to make things right with you
    We care about our Guests and reputation .

Greets
    Kasi

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I kinda wish we had a problem there so we could go back at Chef Kasis' invite. Unfortunately, we have only had 1 bad meal there in 12 years. It was the Almond crusted grouper about 6 years ago. It tasted like it was coated with flour and no seasonings. Just really bland and cooked flour taste. Oh well, still love the place.

cant wait for feb.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

we as well had a bad meal...not bad just not great and were surprised since we always loved and bragged about how good the food/experience is.
    So maybe in November we will give it another go and see if it was just a bad night or not !!!
    Thanks for the update
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    we as well had a bad meal...not bad just not great and were surprised since we always loved and bragged about how good the food/experience is.
    So maybe in November we will give it another go and see if it was just a bad night or not !!!
    Thanks for the update
    We were on the island the second and third weeks in August with friends who were first time visitors. We are frequent diners at M.J's and have been talking about it for years. We brought them for a birthday celebration and they havent't stopped talking about the food, experience, etc. since. They both had a steak dish which disappeared very quickly. They both claim that it is the best they have ever had anywhere. My wife and I had the almond crusted grouper which was as great as always. At the end of the meal the waitress brought out a birthday "cake" and the entertainer played Happy Birthday on his guitar. It was, as always, a wonderful experience. We have not noticed any slippage in service or quality in the many times we have dined there. Remember to try a restaurant for yourself and not depend wholly on reviews. It seems that most reviews are written by someone who is unhappy about something. Dining is a very personal experience for all involved and as many have said not everyone will be happy every time.

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeansoul View Post
    Remember to try a restaurant for yourself and not depend wholly on reviews. It seems that most reviews are written by someone who is unhappy about something. Dining is a very personal experience for all involved and as many have said not everyone will be happy every time.
    Good point
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ