Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Red face Maddam Jeanettes! YUMMMY

It was all we were told it would be... couldnt beleive how hidden it was from the streets... but besides that it was gorgeous. Beautiful 1/2 inside, 1/2 outside seatting. Live entertainment at 7PM, Brit had the rack of lamb (I tried it, it was absolutly delicious!). I had the Prime Rib, it was very tender and full of flavor. Both dishes were appealing to the eye with eadible decoration... they put these fried carmelized carrot strips on the plate, they were actually very tasty! The bread they bring out before dinner was pretty good too. We didnt have any wine/mixed drinks... dinner came out to be just at 100 dollars. There is no service charge there, which was nice (most places have a 15% charge) I highly reccomend it (like most people) We had no complaints!

Is inside air conditioned? In September with no wind, this has always been dh's biggest complaint about going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Is inside air conditioned? In September with no wind, this has always been dh's biggest complaint about going there.
    I dont remember it being AC inside, the doors and entryways are all wide open, but it wasnt very hott in there, everyone was sat outside.

Dom
    There is no air conditioning at MJ's, because even the part of the restaurant that is under a roof is open to the outside. There are only a few overhead fans, but they do not provide too mush air flow. Sitting outside under the stars is usually best.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    There are only a few overhead fans, but they do not provide too mush air flow.
    Unfortunately this is why, after two visits, I am unable to get dh to return.

Ate inside in November last, no complaints, evening was warm but there was enough of a breeze that you did not feel hot.....and we were not even drinking......just water and iced tea (I think...winkwink)...will try again this year and report findings !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Been to MJ's in the months of Dec, Jan, April, May, July, Sept & Oct. No, there is no AC but I have never been hot there.

We were there last week. The breeze kept it cool. Food was excellent (loved the lobster ravioli). My husband had shrimp and I had pasta and chicken (needed a night off from beef ) for entrees.

When I made the reservation, I had mentioned that it was our 10th anniversary and they brought us Kir Royales when we were seated. What a nice surprise.

Zil

Glad you enjoyed Madame Jeanette's. We go there every year the first week in August. I was only warm once when there was no breeze. All other times we were fine.

Went to MJ'S last Friday night sat outside was absolute beautiful food was fantastic called ahead to let them know it was our 37th anniversary and they had the Kirr Royale on the table everything was just great I have sat inside before and I was not hot but I can understand why people would not want to eat inside.
    Next Aruba trip in