Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Marandi's

Thumbs up Marandi's

We made reservations at Marandi's wondering what the new location would be like. We saw pictures of it during the daylight and were a little concerned about the stlye compared to the old restaurant. Feeling that it would be pretty hard to beat their old place, we went with trepidation.

To our wonderful surprise, the new location is STUNNING!!! Of course, the usual amazing service and food was still the same but the new location really blew us away. It is very simple but beautiful. It sits right on the water on a pier-styled floor over the water with lights underneath so you can see the fish swimming around. Little white lights abound the restaurant to give it a very special atmosphere. It is a lttle farther and it is somewhat challenging to find but so worth it!!

This is one of our top rated restaurants for food, service, cleanliness, and atmosphere!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

mac

Cool Marandi New Location

Exactly where is the new location?

You go past the airport and at the fist street after the airport you turn right and then follow the MIRANDI signs.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Randi, did you have any noise from the airport?

NONE! If you had been to the old location, it was close to the airport too. We had a 7pm reservation and most of the flights go during the day. The restaurant is past the airport and I believe the incoming flights fly from the other side. The fact that I don't recall any planes says it all!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thanks for the great report. I am so psyched about going now, I was really was worried about the new place ! Thanks, thanks, thanks !!!! It was my favorite place last year.

ENJOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    If you had been to the old location, it was close to the airport too.
    I think that was one of the things I most vividly recall about the old location...planes flying overhead in the darkness...

Aruba since 1979
    i wasn't wild about the 1st marandis' food..................but i did love the location.
    i loved watching the few planes come in to land!

re: the food i am sure we caught them on a bad night and will consider giving them in their new location a try.

cheryl of arubabeachouse fame has commented (raved) about a new restaurant near the balashi plant.
    i cannot remember the name.
    it is something with initials and numbers like: BS55

does this ring a bell with any of you?

That would be B55 by the drive-in on the road inland. It was open when we went back in September, but I think it was fairly new then. Funny but from the road (it's set back) I thought it said 'BBQ' which is why we went there to begin with. No barbecue, but it was pretty good!
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    NancyG
    ~~~~~~~~~~