Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: marandi's new menu

marandi's new menu

hi everybody
    my name is ard slot and just started working at restaurant marandi. before i worked at que pasa downtown oranjestad.
    we recently changed the menu at marandi(see www.dinearuba.com)
    we are really interested what the forum users think of it...maybe tot change some dishes or not...and maybe some of you have allready seen it...we appreciate recommendations of any kind.
    thank you and hopefully we will see you at arubas sunset restaurant MARANDI!
    sunny greetings
    Ard Slot

Aruba since 1979
    what happened to marandi

hey ard i remember you from que pasa

good luck with your new adventure
    click the above link for some recent marandi posts

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Nice note
    Haven 't been in months, hope some one can comment on this. Hate to see a restaurant have problems they could have easily fixed! Best wishes.

I was curious, so here is the direct link to the Marandi menu from their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    what happened to marandi

hey ard i remember you from que pasa

good luck with your new adventure
    click the above link for some recent marandi posts

hy andrea i remember you too!!
    wow most of them are not really positive feedbacks...i am really dissapointed to read that....but i cant blame them...we had some problems with staff in the kitchen...i started working there this year and we really try to do something different there but some of them werent up for the task...but now i hope we can offer something different for everyone..we just started with new tryouts and heard many different opinions..some say its a small menu..some say its enough choice...we really want to go and get in the middle so we can offer a variaty for everyone!!
    thanks for the post
    sunny greetings
    ard slot

Quepasa, so glad you are on the bb and listening to what some of us our saying/suggesting.

We were regulars to Marandi's up until 2 years ago when we found our 2 dinners that year very average. We haven't been back but this upcoming trip we thought we would give it a try. However, I am rather concerned as the new menu is not overly appealing to us. While you have variety, some of the dishes are a bit too "exotic" in the way you are preparing them. I think that there needs to be a bit of a balance as many people may not be so adventurous but don't want too boring either. Also, your appetizers are a bit disappointing. Again, you need a few items that aren't so different. You always made an excellent tomatoe soup at quepasa, as an example.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the menu.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    thanks ard!!!

we appreciate your post and i look forward to you doing "wonders" and making the Marandi restaurant experience wonderful again.

QUOTE=Quepasa;220363]hy andrea i remember you too!!
    wow most of them are not really positive feedbacks...i am really dissapointed to read that....but i cant blame them...we had some problems with staff in the kitchen...i started working there this year and we really try to do something different there but some of them werent up for the task...but now i hope we can offer something different for everyone..we just started with new tryouts and heard many different opinions..some say its a small menu..some say its enough choice...we really want to go and get in the middle so we can offer a variaty for everyone!!
    thanks for the post
    sunny greetings
    ard slot[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Quepasa, so glad you are on the bb and listening to what some of us our saying/suggesting.

We were regulars to Marandi's up until 2 years ago when we found our 2 dinners that year very average. We haven't been back but this upcoming trip we thought we would give it a try. However, I am rather concerned as the new menu is not overly appealing to us. While you have variety, some of the dishes are a bit too "exotic" in the way you are preparing them. I think that there needs to be a bit of a balance as many people may not be so adventurous but don't want too boring either. Also, your appetizers are a bit disappointing. Again, you need a few items that aren't so different. You always made an excellent tomatoe soup at quepasa, as an example.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the menu.
    hi randi
    thanks for replying at my post!
    i am really happy to read that you are so honest about the dishes...yes..the dishes may be a bit too 'exotic'...but..they really are not as exotic as they appear...its really just basic food..only made with lots of attention...but i can understand what you actually mean...its different and we may scary some people away and thats of course not what we want...
    can i ask you whats really that dissapointing about the appetizers?couse i am really curious about it..
    the final menu has allready some more 'normal'dishes on it...some salads...some mains....some more choice...hopefully done by the end of the week...
    the tomatosoup yes that was really good..but i cant make it that nice...has been a secret recepi for the woman working at que pasa for 20 years!!!i can try though...you know what...lets put it on the menu...from now on it has tomatosoup as well...
    thanks for your time to talk about it...really appreciate it!
    sunny greets
    ard slot
    restaurant marandi

we were there in february with a large party and thought the food was excellent. Yes the menu is on the small side but all the food was delicious. the bucuti duo was ordered by 3 of us and was excellent. people raved about both vegetarian dishes: the pumpkin and the tempura veg. and as always the setting is beautiful.

Your menu looks extremely appealing to me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast