Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: marandi's new menu

[QUOTE=Quepasa;220402]hi randi
    thanks for replying at my post
    can i ask you whats really that dissapointing about the appetizers?couse i am really curious about it..
    sunny greets
    ard slot
    restaurant marandiQUOTE]

Hi Ard,
    With respect to your appetizers, again too "exotic" for many. I would eat the goat cheese salad and my dh would have the salad but that would be it. I think it is great to be different but same comments as the main dishes, you need to have your own spin on some of the old favourites. For example, if someone just doesn't want the exotic style appetizers, how about the old stand by Caesar Salad ( I know that is very regular but lots of people like it) but with real bacon bits and a great dressing? Perhaps a hot appetizer that doesn't involve fish? There are lots of great soups to have as well that doesn't involve fish. How about a corn chowder or another type of soup. Your sister restaurant, Yemanja I die for their potatoe and chive soup!!

My point is that you need to balance out the exotic with some not so exotic so your appeal will be broader. With your current menu, imo, you will limit yourself with the type of customers that will come to your restaurant.

Anyway, hope my suggestions/comments help.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by dav9595 View Post
    we were there in february with a large party and thought the food was excellent. Yes the menu is on the small side but all the food was delicious. the bucuti duo was ordered by 3 of us and was excellent. people raved about both vegetarian dishes: the pumpkin and the tempura veg. and as always the setting is beautiful.
    thank you so much for saying this!! i am really so happy you liked the food...we were really trying to do something else and i know its a little small the menu....but we are making some changes the next week...expand the menu a little...have some more ´regular´salads..some soups and of course mains....
    thanks again for posting in a positive way!!
    hopefully see you again at marandi!!
    sincerely
    ard slot

Quote Originally Posted by lmkrantz View Post
    Your menu looks extremely appealing to me!
    thank you!!hopefully it also taste as it sounds!!when youre there...let me know and ill make sure you will have a wonderfull evening!
    sunny greets
    ard slot
    restaurant marandi

[QUOTE=Randi;220524]
    Quote Originally Posted by Quepasa View Post
    hi randi
    thanks for replying at my post
    can i ask you whats really that dissapointing about the appetizers?couse i am really curious about it..
    sunny greets
    ard slot
    restaurant marandiQUOTE]

Hi Ard,
    With respect to your appetizers, again too "exotic" for many. I would eat the goat cheese salad and my dh would have the salad but that would be it. I think it is great to be different but same comments as the main dishes, you need to have your own spin on some of the old favourites. For example, if someone just doesn't want the exotic style appetizers, how about the old stand by Caesar Salad ( I know that is very regular but lots of people like it) but with real bacon bits and a great dressing? Perhaps a hot appetizer that doesn't involve fish? There are lots of great soups to have as well that doesn't involve fish. How about a corn chowder or another type of soup. Your sister restaurant, Yemanja I die for their potatoe and chive soup!!

My point is that you need to balance out the exotic with some not so exotic so your appeal will be broader. With your current menu, imo, you will limit yourself with the type of customers that will come to your restaurant.

Anyway, hope my suggestions/comments help.
    yes...yes...yes...of course your comments help!actually i am really GLAD youre being so honest! i didnt see it at first because were trying something different...but you are so right...so now for the new and final menu we also have some things for the guests that dont like ´exotic´but just like the food that they know...and i understand that....so we change it and put some ´normal food´there as well...and thats a very good idea to change some classics into a new dish....ill think about it and try to come up with something good!that everyone likes!
    thanks again for your advice and we will certainly take it serious and do something with it...next time youre at marandi ill make sure you wont be dissapointed!
    thanks again
    sunny greets ard slot restaurant marandi

Smile Trying to help

Hi Ard,
    I must agree with Randi that the new menu is limited. We were at Marandi the first week of Feb..We have dined at Marandi every year dating back to your old location. It was our favorite restaurant on the island. Here are our suggestions for your menu. You only have 8 items for appetizers , 2 are fish and 2 are raw meat. My wife did not have an appetizer because none appealed to her. I chose the watermelon goat cheese by default. It was good. How about a Ceasar Salad or field green salad. How about a hot appetizer. As for the main course. We both had the fish dishes. They were the only dishes that appealed to us. I suggest another steak dish. How many restaurants in Aruba only offer 1 beef choice. In closing I would like to say that we enjoy restaurants where we find it difficult to pick our dinner choices because we have so many great choices. We will be back in Aruba in Oct. and would love to return to Marandi if we see an expansion to the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by bucutiboy View Post
    Hi Ard,
    I must agree with Randi that the new menu is limited. We were at Marandi the first week of Feb..We have dined at Marandi every year dating back to your old location. It was our favorite restaurant on the island. Here are our suggestions for your menu. You only have 8 items for appetizers , 2 are fish and 2 are raw meat. My wife did not have an appetizer because none appealed to her. I chose the watermelon goat cheese by default. It was good. How about a Ceasar Salad or field green salad. How about a hot appetizer. As for the main course. We both had the fish dishes. They were the only dishes that appealed to us. I suggest another steak dish. How many restaurants in Aruba only offer 1 beef choice. In closing I would like to say that we enjoy restaurants where we find it difficult to pick our dinner choices because we have so many great choices. We will be back in Aruba in Oct. and would love to return to Marandi if we see an expansion to the menu.
    hi
    thank you so much for all the suggestions!
    you are completely right...we tried something else for a month and now we know what to do...next week 4 or 5 mains are going to be added...including 2 beefs...appetizers also going expand and to change...
    thanks again for letting me know how you are thinking about it and i can promise you if you come back to marandi you'll find it a lot different and better to your choice!
    hopefully see you in october!
    sunny greets
    ard slot
    restaurant marandi

Checked your Menu and not much there for us.

We plan on visiting Marandi for our trip in June/July. There are a few choices that appealed to us, and I'm glad to read that you will be expanding your menu before our trip. I can't wait to see the updated menu and share with my husband. Although, I believe he is set for the Bucuti Duo for his entree selection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12