Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

March 18th-National Anthem and Flag Day

Can anyone explain what happens on this day?

I see some places are closed, which makes sense. Should I plan on staying at our resort on the 18th (I don't like driving when I am detoured around my "usual" route)?!

I have read a little about what the Aruban National Anthem and Flag Day means. I was wondering if anyone has been there during this holiday before and might be able to inform me of that to expect!

Thanks!!

No reason not to be out and about. There normally is a fairly large Harley davidson rally in conjunction with Flag and Anthem Day. They have a ride around the island. I believe there is a large number of riders from surrounding islands that ship there bikes in for this event. If you've ever been to a large harley gathering, it's truly a thunder parade.

Other than that, don't think you will experience more or less conjestion than normal. You will see lots and lots of vehicles with flags on them.

This is a very proud day for the Aruban people. Our resort had a flag ceremony that day. You may want to take advantage of this day and learn a little Aruban history.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Great day, we usually end up driving around the island on the 18th. A lot of places are closed so make sure anywhere specific that you want to go will be open.

Thank you very much for the info!!

Palm Beach Plaza, Ruinas del Mar Restaurant, Pata Pata Pool Bar at La Cabana, My Cozy Home, and so much more!
    No way, there is local activities everywhere, so go out for a ride and a look :-)
    For the Best Babysitting on the Island.
    http://tbcaruba.com
    Looking to Buy, Rent, Sell a House, Land? Need Property Managment on Aruba?
    http://realestateinaruba.com