Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Marina Pirata?

Marina Pirata?

Has anyone been here? Any reviews? Coming this weekend and was thinking about dinner here on Sunday.

Aruba since 1979
    Marina pirata is awesome.
    Terrific ambiance.
    We have not eaten there for a few years.
    The walkway down to the restaurant is a bit dark and uneven, so be aware.

The food is fantastic and the pricing from what i remember is less than flying fishbone or passions..........but as i said it has been at least 2 years since we have been there.

Aruba since 1979
    ps
    welcome to your first posting on aruba.com

Great restaurant with fresh fish and reasonable prices. Last time we were there we were only 1 of 2 tables of tourists. The restaurant was filled with locals. Always a good sign. Call in advance if you want a table next to the water, which I highly recommend for the best ambiance.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Loved loved loved that place. Quiet and peaceful. We were hooked after Lisa wrote about it years ago. They have an asst seafood dish that is out of this world. Super great location.

Highly recommend because of: ambiance, price, and (of course) the food.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Marina Pirata is one of the hidden gems of Aruba. My husband and I love it there and always eat there on our trips to Aruba. The majority of the tables are on a dock that is over the water so always call ahead to make a reservation to request your table on the edge of the dock. This is a great place to sit because they light the water so you can see all the fish - and they give you plenty of garlic bread which you can use to feed the fish. Be sure to bring a camera! The grouper on the menu is great. The restaurant will also serve barracuda, if it came in with the catch of the day (if you've never had barracuda - it is extremely tasty).
    Here are some directions on how to find Marina Pirata. Drive past the airport and continue south (as if you were heading in the direction of Savaneta / Baby Beach). A little over a mile past the airport, you will see the large Balashi Factory on the right and there will be a stoplight at this intersection. Turn RIGHT at that light. Then, at the T-Interection, turn LEFT. Drive straight for a bit - the road will take you over a little bridge (you'll feel like you are lost but you are not) and after the little bridge, start to look on your right for a little sign on a street corner that says "Marina Pirata". When you see this sign, turn right down the street and follow it. The road will take you down by the water (not much down there so it is a little dark) and road will curve around to the left and then you'll see this cute little area on right that has lights and a sign that says Marina Pirata. Park there and you will see the stairs that lead down to the dock where the restaurant is located.
    The key advice I have is as you are driving to the restaurant, have everyone in the car with you take note of landmarks where you turned off the main road (ie Balashi Plant, going over the little bridge,etc). The reason I say this is because there are good signs to guide you TO the restaurant but no signage to guide you BACK to the main road....so just take some good visual notes on the way in.
    One other tip, check those little restaurant books that they hand out at the airport and you'll usually find a little coupon in it for a free glass of red wine for everyone at your table at Marina Pirata.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Ate there for the first time this past trip (about 2.5 months ago). The atmosphere is out of this world. We didn't have reservations but lucked out in getting a table by the water. I had the assorted seafood platter and it was wonderful she had the garlic shrimp and enjoyed it but didn't LOVE it. When the sun sets and the lights come on the bussers feed the table scraps to the fish which draws huge schools of them. I'm not sure its a place we'll visit every trip but it will definitely be in the rotation.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Quick question is fish the only thing on the menue my wife is not crazy about fish.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by angelone View Post
    Quick question is fish the only thing on the menue my wife is not crazy about fish.
    There's a picture of the menu on TripAdvisor from June 2013... it appears they serve chicken as well...

Marina Pirata?-marina.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast