Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    My home in Aruba, Casa Koyari, my second home, Casa Del Mar, followed by Arashi and Baby Beaches!

Matthew's Restaurant- Romantic Dinner

Just got back from two weeks in paradise.

Little known secret, Matthews at Casa Del Mar, offers a "Romantic Dinner" package every night with private table for two on the beach, the ocean only a few feet away. $150 for 2, includes a bottle of champagne, choice of soup (clam chowder to die for), salad, surf and turf (Lobster and Filet Mignon), AND dessert. It was AMAZING. Best deal on the island. They set up these new rattan wing chairs on the beach and you're surrounded by torches and lanterns and you have your own personal server (ask for Kelly). The food, atmosphere and service were fantastic. Basically you have your own private stretch of beach to dine on. They'll do it for sunset too. I highly recommend it. You basically have Flying Fishbone and Old Man and Sea, but without the hassle of having to drive to Savaneta and without the other diners. Our reservations were at 9pm but they set up our slice of heaven at sunset and people on the beach were coming up and taking photos of it. Ask Riccardo, the GM at Matthews, about it. It has not been promoted much yet.

Second story beach bar at Tamarinj is still a great place to watch sunset from and wasn't busy while we were there. Jimmy the singing bartender is still a hoot.

Screaming Eagle is another new place we tried and I highly recommend it. Reserve one of the beds and try the Chef's tasting at $59 per person which includes, appetizer, entree and dessert. If you order a la carte, you could be looking at upwards of $150 per person, but the chef's tasting is a great deal and you can order either, seafood, meat or vegetatarian.
    Last edited by cubella59; 09-22-2008 at 09:35 AM.

I sent them an email in July for a reservation and have not heard back from them?? Perhaps the email never got there???

Does anyone have an email address?

Thanks!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

My home in Aruba, Casa Koyari, my second home, Casa Del Mar, followed by Arashi and Baby Beaches!
    info@matthews-aruba.com

297-588-7300. Riccardo gets in around 3pm everyday.