Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: meal plan

Talking meal plan

This is my first trip to aruba I am so excited. I will be staying at the Mariott Ocean Club I was wondering with 5 restaurants on site is there a meal plan
    available eating in aruba can become very expensive. I am looking into the Dining out Program but are the restaurants selected good restaurants. I plan on being in aruba for 4 days my friends will remain for 1 week I hope someone can advise.

New 2 Aruba

4 days, don't bother getting a meal plan. YOu will have a full kitchen so you can make things in your room. Many less expensive restaurants are within walking distance.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I have written my thoughts on the Dine Around Plan at
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f12/dine-around-program-28664/#post97827 and http://bloggingtoaruba.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/01/is-dine-a-round.html

Imo, not worth it unless you eat A LOT, are able to eat within the confines of the program and don't care WHERE you eat.
    AND like Randi said, even less worth it since you will only be on the island for a short stay.

Meal Plans

Should my friends invest in the meal plan they will be their for seven days. Thank You in Advance for all your help.

IF your friends could eat within the confines of the program (see below) AND were planning on eating at the restaurants on the list anyway AND are BIG eaters, it may then be a good value.

Otherwise, I do not think it would be worth it. Also, for the price you are paying for the plan for dinners, the value for the VIP restaurants is imho a rip off and definitely not worth it. At some restaurants on the VIP the $36 gift certificate would only cover an entree.

ALSO, there are a fair number of surcharges for specific items.

http://www.arubadining.com/dinearound/#dineplans
    "Please note the following exceptions regarding the Dine-Around Program:
    Dessert not included at Amazonia and Texas de Brazil.
    $ 8.50 per person surcharge at Amazonia and Texas de Brazil.
    Only Japanese menu included at Blossoms.
    Each dinner at AGA restaurants includes appetizer, entrée, dessert, coffee or tea, and service charge (where applicable). Beverages and surcharges for starred items are not included.
    At VIP restaurants, AGA coupon entitles bearer to a $36.00 value deducted from the total dinner check, equivalent to $36.00 gift certificate, and not a 3-course meal."

Thumbs up Meal Plans

Thank You for all the advice I wanted to ask becasue we now know we wont be using the meal plan does the island allow anyone that has had the weight loss surgery to purchase a dinner at half price although that is considered ordering from the kids menu or are we just pay for a full meal even though they cannot begin to consume all that food.

New 2 Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by ladyg2u View Post
    Thank You for all the advice I wanted to ask becasue we now know we wont be using the meal plan does the island allow anyone that has had the weight loss surgery to purchase a dinner at half price although that is considered ordering from the kids menu or are we just pay for a full meal even though they cannot begin to consume all that food.

New 2 Aruba
    Now THAT is a good question.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-03-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Wink Meal Plans

Arubalisa do you know any restaurants that charge a fee if you share a plate it would make our dining experience so much better.

Smile Restaurants that do not charge a fee

There are many restaurants that do not charge a fee for asking for an extra plate. Many of the guests want the extra rice or vegetables to compliment the meal so there can be a small charge of less than $5.00 for an extra serving of a side dish. Here are a few restaurants that do not charge for an extra plate:
    Buccaneer, Promenade, Driftwood, Aqua Grill, French Steakhouse, La Trattoria, El Faro Blanco, Sunset Grill, and Waterfront Crabhouse that I know of from the top of my head.
    Have a great trip to Aruba and enjoy Paradise!!!
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Aruba since 1979
    sometimes at madam janettes we order a cesar salad and split it...no additional charge

also too order an extra order of the dutch potatoes and put some of paul's steak on it from his plate....no additional charge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast