Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Tom and Stanley
  • 2 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By ricky59

Thread: Miller light beer readily available at the Occidental?

Miller light beer readily available at the Occidental?

So what would be the best options for FH when we go........he only drinks Miller Lite. We are staying at OGA and I am unsure if the mini fridge will be stocked with this.....should we just buy our own or do you think it is a ridiculous request to ask of the hotel to stock the fridge with. Also, this has nothing to do with beer but I LOVE my red bull......preferably the blueberry one.....is this easy to locate on the island?

thanks!

I would not expect a fridge to be stocked with imported beer. You could definitely ask them or if you go to a store but it yourself and stock it. But honestly, tell him he is in a foreign country and should try something new. As for red bull I did not even know they had blueberry.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    My hubby only drinks Miller Lite in the U.S., but drinks Balashi, Balashi Chill, and Amstel Bright when we are in Aruba. He often picks up a six pack of Miller Lite at the grocery store, Lings, while we are there.

Barney's has it on tap in case you want to go out for dinner. . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

I can relate to this post. My husband pretty much only drinks Bud Light. Be prepared to pay premium prices if you buy any from the convenience store (think double what you would pay in the states.) I've heard the grocery stores are cheaper but we don't rent a car so I can't say for sure. Remember these are imports in Aruba. As for Occidental, I contacted them earlier this year regarding their AI plan. I got an email back stating that for their regular package, Presidente is the only beer on the list (below in Orange). Miller Lite would be included in the Royal Club option (below in red). The 3rd is a list of cocktails.

As for red bull we found it pretty easily when we were looking for it, but again, it's expensive.

Miller light  beer readily available at the Occidental?-royal-club-drinks.jpgMiller light  beer readily available at the Occidental?-royal-2.jpgMiller light  beer readily available at the Occidental?-aruba-drinks.jpgMiller light  beer readily available at the Occidental?-aruba-cocktails.jpg
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 04-05-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Tracey, this is awesome!!!! Thanks so much!!!! We do have royal club so does that mean he. Can only have it in the royal club bar or at any? What else do you know?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany3282 View Post
    Tracey, this is awesome!!!! Thanks so much!!!! We do have royal club so does that mean he. Can only have it in the royal club bar or at any? What else do you know?!?!
    That's all I know, we haven't stayed there I was just doing some info gathering. It is a GREAT location, right in the middle of Palm Beach. You guys should head over to Bugaloe on the Pier for a night out. They have live bands a couple nights a week - it used to be Tuesday and Friday, not sure if that is still right though. We did AI on our first trip, and one thing I learned on our 2nd trip was that we missed out on a lot by staying on our resort too much. Get out and walk around a little!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I used to drink only Coor's Light, and I paid $21.00 for a six pack in Aruba on one of our first trips before I got smart. Now I drink Balashi, Chill, or Amstel Light when in Aruba. I figure it's part of the vacation experience to drink local, and it's a bit cheaper.

i'm very familiar with occidental, my home resort.
    the occidental serves balashi, unless you purchase royal club, they don't ALWAYS have miller lite, even if they
    have it only couple bars at the resort will stock it.

the lobby bar won't have it, main beach bar and pool bar also don't stock it, only balashi draft!
    better off just purchasing off resort and stock yourself.

the royal club, isn't always royal....

Ricky59, the beer at the Occidental is now Presidente.