Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Mirpas

Mirpas

Having read Ann's review of Mirpas (and having driven past this place too many times) I decided to give it a try. I was glad I did. It's located across the street from the Renaissance, near the turn for Fort Zoutman. Easy to find. It's a former house with seating outside under cover, up a winding staircase, or on the ground floor. We sat upstairs with a nice view of the marina.

The food is tapas style mostly, which I like. We started with duck wrapped prunes and blackened shrimp on skewers. Tasty, different. Then went to cured meats and cheese. Great variety. Lots of flavor. Stuck a bowl of chicken soup in the middle. Homemade for sure, a bit of cilantro, which is not my favorite but it was a light touch and you could still taste the veggies in the broth, a sign of talent. Then came the mini version of Tournedos Rossini. Bite size chunks of beef topped with foie gras. (I gave Mrs. 44 the foie gras, not my thing). This was a highlight to be sure and it is also offered as an entree size. Have to try that one day.

Please note: the tapas size portions are small but hearty. This is not a place to fill-up, but to savor and linger. See photos on the blog for correct representation of the plates.

Lots of wines by the glass from many different spots around the world. Prices from about $5 to $14, so you can stay on budget with the booze or splurge on something special. Service good. Owner attentive and taught me the proper pronunciation of a few French words I'd always wondered about. I'm head back soon to swill wine and munch on a few other things. Looking forward to it, and a chat with this fellow who seems like an interesting guy.

Photos and more at:
    http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2012/03/28/mirpas-aruba/

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Aruba since 1979
    thanks dan!!
    sounds delicious.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    will be on the lookout when there in May.

We wanted to go there last May (looked right up our alley as far as food and wine) but they had just opened and....were not always open when we stopped by. LOL! In Sept. I was with a girlfriend who isn't into that type of food so, again, couldn't go. But now...in a few weeks...I'll be able to FINALLY try it!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Amy,

Mrs. 44 and I were at Mirpas last night. Enjoyed six glasses of wine, five different types, and a cheese plate. Owner entertained us with all sorts of information about wine, France, and the Caribbean. A great place to linger. You'll enjoy it.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Amy,

Mrs. 44 and I were at Mirpas last night. Enjoyed six glasses of wine, five different types, and a cheese plate. Owner entertained us with all sorts of information about wine, France, and the Caribbean. A great place to linger. You'll enjoy it.

Sounds perfect! I will definitely be stopping by in a few weeks!
    Do they offer wine flights, too? Love those!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018