Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: MJ's Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    ...I am positive Chef Kasi will step in and make things "right".
    It seems Chef Kasi has had to step in a lot lately.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    No no we had saved the best our fav for last.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Did you eat there another night during this trip? How was it then?

I am positive Chef Kasi will step in and make things "right".

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Sorry you had a bad meal at MJ's. I contacted my friend that went to MJ's with me last October as she had the lamb. I remember her saying then her lamb was excellent but I wanted to make sure. She said it had a lamb glace (not gravy). Was it the topping (glace/gravy) you didn't like or also the taste of the lamb. You asked for Chef Kasi but he wasn't there. But did you ask to speak to the manager. I'm sure that they would have done over the lamb without the glace/gravy. As for the salad and shrimp appetizer if it wasn't good maybe they would have deducted them from your check. As you said the sides were good and dessert was excellent.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Maybe a bad day there. Who knows.

Gravy not glaze swarmed the lamb. Blue cheese dressing was like water with no taste, shrimp was even more pathetic, little bits of shrimp( says the waiter). Half the meal bad.

When Ya wait to savor the best for last it's kinda disappointing not to be happy, pleased to be there, or delighted you waited.

i don't need to tell the waiter anything, we asked for Kasi and didn't finish anything that should have been some indicator we weren't happy. We aren't going to belabor the point we just don't go back or send people there. End of story��
    Last edited by cindyo; 10-05-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    Sorry you had a bad meal at MJ's. I contacted my friend that went to MJ's with me last October as she had the lamb. I remember her saying then her lamb was excellent but I wanted to make sure. She said it had a lamb glace (not gravy). Was it the topping (glace/gravy) you didn't like or also the taste of the lamb. You asked for Chef Kasi but he wasn't there. But did you ask to speak to the manager. I'm sure that they would have done over the lamb without the glace/gravy. As for the salad and shrimp appetizer if it wasn't good maybe they would have deducted them from your check. As you said the sides were good and dessert was excellent.
    Liz, first I want to note that I appreciate your comments.

sometimes when I go to a restaurant I will insist on a manager making things right. Typically, that's when an order is simply fouled up (wrong) or worse, slow service coupled with cold food. This was different; I was exasperated and I was dumbfounded. I used to order different things at MJs but stopped because I always ended up jealous of Cindy's lamb. I didn't have lamb anywhere all week in anticipation of what I told many friends was "the best lamb on earth". Not this time, it was the exact opposite. It was the broth, gravy, beef stew or whatever that vile fluid on the lamb was. I wasn't in the mood for a re-do, so I just accepted the fact that it was a $39.95 disaster. I had my wine, my fried Oreo cookies, and went home.

By the way, I thought the servers were great. Perhaps that's why I just "forgot about it".
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

It's always a disappointment when a special dinner goes wrong. Aside from the significant cost, there is the let down from your eager anticipation all week. An opportunity to have a special evening that generates a good feeling has been replaced by a bad experience that generates a less than pleasant aftertaste for the experience.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I had rack of lamb there a few years ago. There was definitely no gravy on it. I never heard of serving rack of lamb with gravy. What kind of gravy would you use? not chicken, beef or pork. I don't think there is enough drippings from lamb to make lamb gravy.

We don't do any gravy in MJ !!! . What you called Gravy is an herb infused red wine lamb bone reduction finished with some dijon mustard .
    We do the rack of lamb for about 15 years the way it was served to you and get tons of compliments for it .
    We did some time a lamb loin special ( not on the main Menu ) what had a herb Crust, maybe you eat this dish before .
    Regarding the Bang Bang shrimps i only can tell you its one of Mj's best selling dishes since we put it form the special to the menu , i only add dishes from the specials to the main menu when they become very popular and selling well every night .

Hope that helps to get some clearance on the LAMB SITUATION

Greets

Kasi

Silence of the lamb!!! Lollllll

It seems Chef Kasi has had to step in a lot lately.

I agree, who wants to call over the chef?

in my opinion, they have had issues the last few years, we stopped going.
    after many years and meals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast