Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Moomba Bar Is Off Our List!!

Moomba Bar Is Off Our List!!

We have been going to Moomba for at least 10 years. It has always been a favorite of ours! When we arrived 4 weeks ago we were told that all the bartenders from last year are gone ... working someplace else ... must not be a great place to work! We do like their food, so tonight when I was only the 3rd person at the bar & there were 4 people behind the bar & it took over 5 minutes & me calling their attention, to get waited on. For $13 we got a Bright (happy hour) & a Mojito. My Mojito was in a 10 oz plastic cup with 1/2 of it being mint & limes. For the service, prices & quality of product, we will spend our money, for the next 6 weeks, somewhere else.

Wow! Sorry to hear you had a bad time, MooMba is a perennial favorite of ours. Hope things improve before we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Wow! Sorry to hear you had a bad time, MooMba is a perennial favorite of ours. Hope things improve before we get there.
    Always for us too! Love the atmosphere! But been here for 4 weeks & it's not getting better!

Aruba since 1979
    well that is unfortunate

what ever happened to good customer service?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciboney View Post
    We have been going to Moomba for at least 10 years. It has always been a favorite of ours! When we arrived 4 weeks ago we were told that all the bartenders from last year are gone ... working someplace else ... must not be a great place to work! We do like their food, so tonight when I was only the 3rd person at the bar & there were 4 people behind the bar & it took over 5 minutes & me calling their attention, to get waited on. For $13 we got a Bright (happy hour) & a Mojito. My Mojito was in a 10 oz plastic cup with 1/2 of it being mint & limes. For the service, prices & quality of product, we will spend our money, for the next 6 weeks, somewhere else.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    I was trying to think if I recognized any of the bartenders when we were in Aruba earlier this month... then it hit me we didn't go to Moomba this time around. I do enjoy the place but if its an entirely new set of bartenders I am kind of happy we neglected to visit.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Such a shame! Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.

Oh no, sorry to hear that. We always go there at least once a visit. Hopefully it's temporary. A few years ago we had a bad experience with service at Bugaloe after our favorite bartendar left, but luckily it was only a one time thing. Hopefully Moomba will figure it out. I can't imagine their mojitos in a plastic cup, they always have a lot of fruit and mint.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    There are some drinks that should never be allowed in a Plastic Cup (lol) . Sorry to hear of your disappointment.

Sorry it was a bad experience.

With 10 years of happy experiences I hope you don't let one experience completely ruin your Moomba time.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    There are some drinks that should never be allowed in a Plastic Cup (lol) . Sorry to hear of your disappointment.

The only thing I drink in a plastic cup is beer on the beach, if plastic is required. Plastic cups remind me of camping and drinking the nasty campsite water. A long establish bar should have a supply of glassware. Is it laziness not to want to serve in a nice glass; not wanting to wash them? Although, maybe there was a problem with theft of glasses. I've heard that, even around home when asked about serving drinks in plastic cups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast