Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Moomba's Breakfast Buffet?

Moomba's Breakfast Buffet?

Has anyone had this? Seems like a good deal at $12.99 and how can you "ruin" breakfast food, right? LOL!

Also looks like they offer bottomless mimosas for $10 but sometimes when you buy a deal like that you are basically drinking OJ. LOL! Has anyone tried this at Moomba's?

My husband is the breakfast person (I'm good with fruit or toast) but he makes his own breakfast most mornings while in Aruba so we have to go out a couple of times since it is vacation. Will probably go to Diana's Pancakes Place and then one other place for breakfast. Maybe Moomba's or Bugaloe.

Thanks!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Haven't had Moomba but, we really enjoyed the Bugaloe breakfast you mentioned at the end of your post. They have some a la cart items too for someone that prefers a lighter breakfast.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Haven't had Moomba but, we really enjoyed the Bugaloe breakfast you mentioned at the end of your post. They have some a la cart items too for someone that prefers a lighter breakfast.
    That's the one I was thinking of originally for breakfast until Moomba popped into my head. Never been to Bugaloe for breakfast (been there many times for lunch and dinner) but I think they just started doing breakfast recently. I've always been a little "gun shy" with Moomba's food. Bugaloe has always been consistently good throughout the years.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

We used to always go to Moomba's for their Breakfast Buffet 3 or 4x per trip. When we were there in January 2016, we felt, it wasn't what it once was and is now off the list. We stay at the Holiday Inn, and we now normally just go to Aromi d'Italia next door in front by Playa Linda. They have great service, reasonable pricing, and tasty....Not sure about Mimosa's though....

We just went the other day. Had the buffet and the unlimited mimosas. The food was good and kept warm on the line. The omelet chef has been there for years and makes a great omelet with a variety of ingredients. The mimosas were fine, definitely not just OJ. We'll probably go a few more times this trip.

Thanks for the info about the breakfast. It is on my list to try for breakfast, it was on my list the last trip as well but I was a little hung over the morning I had planned to go there so I passed and had fruit for breakfast that day.

I guess I'll let my husband choose since he's the breakfast person. As long at the mimosas are good (a very light color of orange and the bubbly is not sweet - yes, I know I'm picky! LOL!) and my hubby can get a made to order omelet, I'm inclined to give Moomba a try although I know I won't each much at the buffet. They both have their pros and cons.

Does anyone know if Nos Clubhuis serves breakfast? I know they open at 8am (which SHOULD mean that there is breakfast) but I haven't seen a breakfast menu and my message to them went unanswered. That's one of our favorite spots (great view!)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I guess I'll let my husband choose since he's the breakfast person. As long at the mimosas are good (a very light color of orange and the bubbly is not sweet - yes, I know I'm picky! LOL!) and my hubby can get a made to order omelet, I'm inclined to give Moomba a try although I know I won't each much at the buffet. They both have their pros and cons.

Does anyone know if Nos Clubhuis serves breakfast? I know they open at 8am (which SHOULD mean that there is breakfast) but I haven't seen a breakfast menu and my message to them went unanswered. That's one of our favorite spots (great view!)
    I will check for you in a bit. We gotta go shopping first, and then I'll let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I will check for you in a bit. We gotta go shopping first, and then I'll let you know!
    Thanks! And grab a drink while you're there!

Okay, stopped by Nos Clubhuis last night. Talked to the bartender and he said they don't do breakfast anymore. He said he was thinking about bringing it back, but there just wasn't enough business to justify it. We had drinks on our way to Moomba, and they were okay. We were two of four people at the bar and there were two other tables occupied at 8:00. Certainly not the crowds we see in September.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast