Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Moomba's roof collapses

If you look on www.24ora.com you will see the pictures. Apparently, the high winds tonight collapsed the roof and there were injuries. One very serious! I don't know much more, I will let you all know if I find out more tomorrow.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    thanks randi

here is the link to the photos

the article is written in papiamento, so i have no clue
    http://www.24ora.com/content/view/16766/8/
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-03-2010 at 12:10 AM.

The beach at Andicuri, Beach Bar at the Westin, Sopranos Piano Bar, Downtown Shopping
    Darn it! Hope no one was hurt to bad, I had planned on going there in late March.

Smile

I just ate under there Friday night. I just posted in my report that this is the first year we had no wind for 3 days and other days its been cranking. Last night when I walked from the car to the Marriott, I thought it was a wind storm. Can you imagine the wind blowing a big guy like me away? I really had to watch it because it was that strong.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

My wife and I ate there.I offer my best well wishes for the injured.They should be back up soon.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Woooow...sorry to hear anyone was hurt. What a fun place that is. Hope its up back and running and the injured better!!!

I have only eaten there once and looking at the way they build the roof on it got me wondering if it could withstand the high winds.Hope no one got hurt bad.Always pass it when we walk the beach and something is always going on.Hope to see them up and running soon.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    I hope everyone makes a good and speedy recovery. We'll be there in a couple of weeks and were looking forward to going there.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery to the injured. What a shame.

I hope everyone will be okay. Roofs can be repaired.

Just looked and at 3 pm yesterday Aruba had sustained winds of 26 mph. Strong for Aruba, even more so this time of year. Right now the winds are 22 mph with 33 mph gusts. You can just imagine what kind of gust took down that roof.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast