Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Aruba since 1979

More fish restaurants not enough days.

let's face it............they say fish is brain food.
    the arubans MUST be very smart.

in no particular order one can have awesome fish dinners at the following for reasonable $$
    (i am leaving out the higher priced beachside/sunset/resort dining)

Old Fisherman been there liked it, did not love it.

Buccaneer been there lots, love it, nice selection, nice fish tanks on walls great place for families great place for couples and groups

Wacky Wahoo been there, like it! small, make reservations.

Driftwood been there, liked it once upon a time. haven't been there in years reservations needed

who else has others to add to the list?

my mouth is watering thinking of the grouper at wahoos and the combo shrimp and grouper or mahi dinner at buccaneer. yum

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Marina Pirata- haven't been, only heard good things

I have to say, I LOVE Fishes and More. It's one of my favorite casual restaurants. Not only is the food good but it's so relaxing...being outside, listening to the music, people watching. I just love it.

Marina Pirata.
    The fish does not get any fresher when you see with your own eyes, the fishermen pull up in their boats to the waterside kitchen door.
    The cook comes out and the fisherman holds up each fish by the tail and the cook picks and chooses which fish he would like to purchase.

Banned
    Aqua Grill !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Marina Pirata.
    The fish does not get any fresher when you see with your own eyes, the fishermen pull up in their boats to the waterside kitchen door.
    The cook comes out and the fisherman holds up each fish by the tail and the cook picks and chooses which fish he would like to purchase.
    Now that's COOL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    I have to say, I LOVE Fishes and More. It's one of my favorite casual restaurants. Not only is the food good but it's so relaxing...being outside, listening to the music, people watching. I just love it.
    The staff there is fantastic. I can't think of a restaurant in Aruba with better staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    The staff there is fantastic. I can't think of a restaurant in Aruba with better staff.
    Well, I have to agree with that; I was a very frequent guest there and ended up marrying the souschef

Aruba since 1979
    how cool is that!?!?!

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by princess View Post
    Well, I have to agree with that; I was a very frequent guest there and ended up marrying the souschef

After a less than impressive "All You Can Eat" Superbowl party at La Cabana, my wife and I decided to get a refund and go out instead. An employee of a souvenier shop suggested Fishes & More earlier in the day, so that's where we went. The food was amazing. My wife and I shared the seafood soup, there was more seafood than broth. My wife had the seared tuna, medium-rate, it was delicious. I had the Fishes Famous Fish Dish (and was lauded for ability to say it without getting tongue tied.) If you don't know what to get, and are hungry, get the Fish Dish, there's a little of everything. Pieces of all catches of the day, calamari, mussels, scallops and shrimp. Even the gratin potatoes were delicious. The vegetables could have used some salt, but who had room to waste in their stomach for vegetables? There was a screen projecting the game and we wanted to see the end, so we ordered dessert. I had the Grand Marnier Creme Brulee, and my wife had the Choco Choco Choco. Well worth it. The staff was very friendly and attentive and we didn't feel rushed to leave. I'm glad the resort's superbowl party was so bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast