Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Most missed restaurant on the island????

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Valentinos for sure!!! Yes, I remember Twinklebones. I was there once (about 14 years ago on my first trip to Aruba) and during the dinner show, they pulled me up and I danced a conga with the performers :-)

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    I loved The Flame - we only went once but really enjoyed everything about the place. I liked Don Carlos for Lighting Parade night.

Aruba since 1979
    another we loved : Promenade in San Nic

their current location is now at Sun Plaza and although we like it there, we loved the one in San Nic better.

I remember Twinklebones I still have the video from there...that was over 15 years ago...how funny it was a fun place...

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Fond memories of New Year's eve 1997 at Twinklebones with our (then) toddlers!

Waterfront Crabhouse at Seaport

cheap eats for a quick lunch with the (then) toddlers downtown.....Sbarro, Little Caesars, McDonalds, Wendy's and Nathans

The short-lived Gambero Russo downtown

Villa Germania for breakfast

La Terraza downtown....moved a couple of times

La Fondue (I didn't really like it, but the girls did, had a really fun night there despite the food)
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I was sad to see Rhumba Wine Bar close. On our very first trip we stopped in for a "quick" bite and ended up staying a few hours. The bartender was fun and she had a knack for pouring Heineken by tilting the glass and controlling the pour with the bottle, her hands not touching the glass. That's what got us chatting. I later heard that the folks from Matthews took it over, but I'm not sure it ever opened again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I was sad to see Rhumba Wine Bar close. On our very first trip we stopped in for a "quick" bite and ended up staying a few hours. The bartender was fun and she had a knack for pouring Heineken by tilting the glass and controlling the pour with the bottle, her hands not touching the glass. That's what got us chatting. I later heard that the folks from Matthews took it over, but I'm not sure it ever opened again.

Actually, the original owners of Rumba ARE the owners of Matthew's. Once they started Matthew's they decided to sell Rumba. It was with the new owners for a couple of years before they closed.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by minky1225 View Post
    Sadly, over the years some of the good restaurants have either closed or their quality has gone down making them no longer a top choice. What restaurant(s) do you miss and what do you miss about them?

I miss Chez Matilde! I would get a grilled rock lobster tail served over a truffle oil risotto and the chocolate soufflé. Their doors closed in 2010
    Cellar 23 is in that spot now, but the same owners and same great chef. I think their menu is more plain. It is more of a wine place, but they still serve food.

Loved the natural bridge before it collapsed...now not so much...view from lighthouse, sunset drinks at the Hyatt, tearing it up on the north side with a rental jeep...I could go on for hours....
    ...wow...must be hungry...should change my name to PaleWhiteRisottoFreak...love risotto - any other places on the island have awesome risotto?...if so, hopefully they won't close up shop before I visit in Oct. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleWhiteDeskGuy View Post
    any other places on the island have awesome risotto?
    Windows on Aruba has Sea bass with a spinach risotto that is to die for. I do not like risotto, but I like their's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast