Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Most missed restaurant on the island????

Dom
    If you want to go back really far, my favorate place of all time in the Late 1970's and early 1980's was the restaurant at the Talk of the Town. Best steak ever. The French Steakhouse at the Manchebo was owned by the same owner (Ike Cohn), and it is good, but Talk of the Town was the best. I also enjoyed La Paloma. It has been closed for many years. Also, does anyone remember the Cattle Baron? It had a great salad bar.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

We ate at Talk of the Town in 1973 on our honeymoon and we thought it was the greatest restaurant. We were so happy to see them renevote the hotel as it is so pretty as you come into town from the airport.

[QUOTE=Dom;232380]If you want to go back really far, my favorate place of all time in the Late 1970's and early 1980's was the restaurant at the Talk of the Town. Best steak ever. The French Steakhouse at the Manchebo was owned by the same owner (Ike Cohn), and it is good, but Talk of the Town was the best. QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes for valentinos!!

and also who remembers "twinkletones/twinklebone"?
    kinda not so great food but a fun evening.

the original "old conucu house" too was wonderful

I loved Twinklebones!!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

we visited twinklebones/tones on a cruise port of call many years ago. our son was a preteen and loved it....we were all very much entertained.
    brought him again as a teen and he was not so impressed.......i think it was his age.......nothing during those teen years impressed him much, other than teen girls and burgers and pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Blueyslori View Post
    I loved Twinklebones!!

It wasn't a fancy place by any means, but we enjoyed Turtle Cove. It was above the bus station downtown. Ice cold beer and mixed drinks for a great price and pretty good tapas, burgers and sandwiches too.

I don't remember the name but there was a aruban place by the windmill and it was just a family and they had the best coconut grouper. Maybe it was called the Aruban Destiny? They were only opened for about 1 year. I also loved Rumba. Jonic, the waitress is the best on the Island and now she does mornings at Mathews.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    ahh yes..... aruba destiny restaurant
    it was very good
    we went numerous times for dinner and for coffee and cake after dinner.
    once while at "elenora's crazy grill", which was next door to "destiny", the destiny owner's son came right in and tried to convince us to leave elenora's and come to destiny. (we had not yet ordered) we did not leave.
    on our way out after dinner at elenora's , we did stop in, spoke to the owner and told her that they lost our business due to her sending the kid into another restaurant to hawk customers. about a year later the place was closed. i do think elenora's closed first. destiny had outstanding grouper as kent said and an outstanding coconut cake. we had gone there a few times just for coffee and cake.

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    I don't remember the name but there was a aruban place by the windmill and it was just a family and they had the best coconut grouper. Maybe it was called the Aruban Destiny? They were only opened for about 1 year. I also loved Rumba. Jonic, the waitress is the best on the Island and now she does mornings at Mathews.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123