Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My "to go" list

  1. #1
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,665

    My "to go" list

    Thinking about our November trip and already planning on where to go. The bulk of our vacation is at an AI but figure we can tweak a few dinners out so I'm thinking;
    Hollywood Smoke House; been dying to try this place and we'll be right across the street
    West Deck; probably for lunch some day when I need a break from the sun
    Madame Jannettes for Thanksgiving because we love it there but could be coaxed into trying
    Chalet Suisse if I see enough positive comments

    The second part of vacation will be at the Radisson. Definitely want to try;
    Linda's Pancakes,
    Scotts Brats for breakfast I already know their brats are good, just haven't has the breakfast
    sandwich. Probably will have to get there for lunch to try that brat with cream cheese,
    peanutbutter and jalapeños

    Then it gets tricky should we try;
    Barneys or Bingo,
    Sunset Grill or White Modern, then finally
    Taste of Belgium, we haven't visited the newer location
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 06-28-2014 at 06:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,884
    MJs for thanksgiving sounds wonderful.
    Make your reservation NOW.

    Barneys!

    Yes try that BRAT at SCOTT'S BRATS...omg it is good.

  3. #3
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,889
    Sunset Grille way over White Modern... excellent view of the gardens if you sit outside. Both Chalet Suisse and Mme J's are great.... but much prefer Mme J's. I wasn't impressed with Taste of Belgium... but that's just me... lots of folks love it!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,665
    I had a feeling Barneys would come out over Bingo! So that's settled. Looks like we're leaning to MJ's for Thanksgiving. They really did a nice job when we were there for the holiday on earlier trips. Wonder if Leslie will do her famous turkey sandwiches at Scotts Brats. That's something to think about. Sunset Grille is still in the running.

  5. #5
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,884
    i think that she did the turkey sandwiches the last 2 thanksgivings (2012/13)
    you may want to message her member LUVSUN
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I had a feeling Barneys would come out over Bingo! So that's settled. Looks like we're leaning to MJ's for Thanksgiving. They really did a nice job when we were there for the holiday on earlier trips. Wonder if Leslie will do her famous turkey sandwiches at Scotts Brats. That's something to think about. Sunset Grille is still in the running.

  6. #6
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    MJs is where we spent last Thanksgiving and we weren't disappointed.

    PS - we had the lamb
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  7. #7
    Member Aruba4us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    51
    Sounds like a great start to planning the good eats. I will be writing a trip report for my August trip and visiting a few of these ... I'll let you know what I think of a few.

  8. #8
    Senior Member gretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eagle Beach
    Posts
    328
    Barneys, MJ and West Deck are all on my list for August. Looking foward to trying Barneys and West Deck, menus look great for both!! Good choices!
    Last edited by gretch; 06-30-2014 at 12:51 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member ~Amy~®'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    The second part of vacation will be at the Radisson. Definitely want to try;
    Linda's Pancakes,
    Scotts Brats for breakfast I already know their brats are good, just haven't has the breakfast
    sandwich. Probably will have to get there for lunch to try that brat with cream cheese,
    peanutbutter and jalapeños

    Then it gets tricky should we try;
    Barneys or Bingo,
    Sunset Grill or White Modern, then finally
    Taste of Belgium, we haven't visited the newer location
    We love both Bingo's and Barney's and go to each one a few times per trip. But I give a slight edge on the food (for our tastes anyway) to Bingo.

    We've been to both Sunset Grille and White Modern several times. Like them both. If you're a foodie and love creativity, then go with White Modern. If you like more traditional food, then Sunset Grille.

    We had lunch at Taste of Belgium on our last trip - HUGE sandwiches (next time we're splitting one. LOL!)

    There is also a new pancake place in town that we love (will be hard now to choose between Linda's and Diana's.) Diana's Pancake Place is located right next to the big windmill. Great place and only open for breakfast and lunch. Open from 8am-3pm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My "to go" list-dianas-pancakes-place.jpg  
    ~Amy~® - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018




  10. #10
    Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    MJs is where we spent last Thanksgiving and we weren't disappointed.

    PS - we had the lamb
    I'm thinking of going to MJ's this Thanksgiving. Did they have turkey?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO