Okay, finally finished the restaurant reviews at the following link:

http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/last_reviews.html

In a nutshell....
    Favorite new restaurant: Papillon
    Favorites overall for romantic dining: Screaming Eagle, Passions, MJ's
    Favorite casual places: Bingo, Tulip, Eliotti's, Sawasdee (Thai), Rumba
    Other places worth mentioning: Mango's, French Steakhouse

Trip report is coming soon......
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for posting

now i get to eat my Healthy Choice lunch after reading your awesome comments on Aruba's restaurants. BIG SIGH
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post

In a nutshell....

Madame Janette's - had a wonderful dinner there for our 10 yr. anniversary, any of the beach bars, and walking any of the beaches

Mirandi

Has anyone been to Mirandi? I googled them, but could not pull up any pictures so I don't know if it's on the beach or not - ? (or where it is). I was able to view their menu, but no prices on it so I'm curious to get an idea on how pricey it is too. A friend of a friend just ate there a couple of weeks ago & was very happy w/it, but that's all I know. Thanks! (And does anyone know if there's an email address to make reservations for Wacky Wahoo's? All I saw was a phone # on their website & I don't know how to call that from the states). Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by annu2ny View Post
    Has anyone been to Mirandi? I googled them, but could not pull up any pictures so I don't know if it's on the beach or not - ? (or where it is). I was able to view their menu, but no prices on it so I'm curious to get an idea on how pricey it is too. A friend of a friend just ate there a couple of weeks ago & was very happy w/it, but that's all I know. Thanks! (And does anyone know if there's an email address to make reservations for Wacky Wahoo's? All I saw was a phone # on their website & I don't know how to call that from the states). Thank you!
    We didn't have time to eat at Marandi on our last trip - but we've eaten there many times in the past and it's always been great! It is on the other side of the airport (away from downtown) and sits on a pier over the water (not on the beach.)

Wacky Wahoo does not have an email address. You can call them when you arrive in Aruba to make reservations.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

Mirandi

We went last summer and loved it. We are having our wedding dinner there next July. We were originally were going to go to MJ but we loved the setting on the water. We will still go to MJ's when we are there. The evening we went, we rented a car but you could easily take a taxi.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    [quote=annu2ny;154991]Has anyone been to Mirandi? I googled them, but could not pull up any pictures so I don't know if it's on the beach or not - ? (or where it is).

Went 2visits ago. Lovely new location, on water but not beach. We went to the old location b4 that. I loved my meal at the old location but when we went to the new one the menu had changed. I was so in love with my first meal that I think thats why I was disappointed at the new one...Plus our waitress had an attitude and wasn't that friendly. However, I will say it might be back on the radar for one of our next 2 upcoming visits...friends/relatives did like it.
    I might have even put some pics up on the gallery here. cindy

North Side of the island, we spend a day there alone and maybe see 4 people.
    Amy,

Pete & I dined at Papillion one evening also.....one of those funny moments happened with DH the not so obvious picky eater. (But he is)

Service was excellent, food was pretty good. My lamb was not the best but the service made up for it... DH had the fillet which also had a pillaf and something breaded on the side..

However, DH was raving about the unknown item on his plate to the Server, "Wow, I am not sure what this is but it is great!" He almost lost his tan and went pale when they explained what "Sweet Meat" was.

It made for a great night!

Aruba since 1979
    what is sweet meat?
    omgosh please do not say "horse".
    Quote Originally Posted by CasaHappy View Post

However, DH was raving about the unknown item on his plate to the Server, "Wow, I am not sure what this is but it is great!" He almost lost his tan and went pale when they explained what "Sweet Meat" was.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post

In a nutshell....

~Amy~, read all of your reports.they all sounded so GOOD ! I need to get psyched to keep going here...cindy

Quote Originally Posted by CasaHappy View Post

Do you mean veal "sweetbreads"...also known as either the thymus (throat sweetbread) and/or the pancreas? I have a friend who loves them! Very popular with chefs and French restaurants.

At least he tried it BEFORE he knew what it was (that's the way I like to try new things...don't tell me what it is until after I've tried it!)

Cindy....almost done with my trip report and photos...should have it posted by tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast