Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Need Birthday Cake

Need Birthday Cake

I would like recommendations for the best place to purchase a birthday cake for 20-24 people. I will be staying at Playa Linda in the Palm Beach area. I also need to know if any of the bakeries deliver as I will not have a car. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Arlene View Post
    I would like recommendations for the best place to purchase a birthday cake for 20-24 people. I will be staying at Playa Linda in the Palm Beach area. I also need to know if any of the bakeries deliver as I will not have a car. Thanks!
    Definitely check with Yvette the Playa Linda concierge, she is awesome for stuff like this. Hopefully someone here will have a recommendation too.

Aruba since 1979
    Since you will have no car, do as Tracey says...

but, if you can hook a ride, or a taxi, i recommend going into SUPERFOODS bakery dept.
    the folks in there are fabulous.

Lings makes some wonderful cakes too, but Superfoods is great.
    They will fix you up with a nice half sheet cake or a large round.
    We bought a round 3 layer cake there in November for a gathering and it served 20 with some left over.

Superfoods is great. Bright is a bit far to take a taxi to, but they deliver to hotels and restaurants, so maybe they can deliver a cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Definitely check with Yvette the Playa Linda concierge, she is awesome for stuff like this. Hopefully someone here will have a recommendation too.
    Yes, I have known Yvette for many years. I contacted her and she told me to shop for a cake when I got to Aruba; difficult to do when you don't have a car! I sent an e;mail to Super Foods to inquire about a cake. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlene View Post
    Yes, I have known Yvette for many years. I contacted her and she told me to shop for a cake when I got to Aruba; difficult to do when you don't have a car! I sent an e;mail to Super Foods to inquire about a cake. Thanks for the feedback.
    That is disappointing, I would have thought she would have a better recommendation. I wonder if Bright Bakery does cakes? Their pastries were very good. Maybe you could work with a company like groceriestogo.com on the delivery?

Aruba since 1979
    another thought.............
    check out this FB page https://www.facebook.com/OneHappySwe...rce=1386685662
    marian does lovely work but it may be not what you are interested in.

when will you be in aruba?
    if our time overlaps, i would be more than happy to bring you to SuperFoods.
    send me a message of your dates please.
    typically i stop in to superfoods or lings 3 or 4 times a week.

Bright Bakery's website: http://www.brightbakery.com/
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Bright Bakery's website: http://www.brightbakery.com/
    according to their site it looks like they deliver to most hotels. It may be worth contacting them.

That is so very nice of you Andrea, but not necessary. I will be at my timeshare at La Cabana from 4/29/18-5/6/18 so Super Foods is well within walking distance. I don't need the cake however until the following week when I will be at my timeshare at Playa Linda. I will order the first week and then ask one of the guests for the party pick it up for me. Worse comes to worse, I will take the bus to Super Foods and take a taxi back to Playa Linda. Thanks again for your offer...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast