Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By jaw
  • 1 Post By hatteras

Thread: Need Dining Recommendations please

Need Dining Recommendations please

Hello all,

I have finally finalized my travel dates, and hubby and I will be in Aruba March 2018. We are splitting our stay between the Holiday Inn and the Hyatt. I need dining recommendations, though (I know it's a bit far, but I'm a planner). It's been 15 years since I stepped foot on Aruba, and I know it's grown so much since then.

I know we will have at least one meal at Le Petit Cafe and one meal at Flying Fishbone, but other than that, I'm at a loss. Any tips for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and must have snacks is much appreciated.

Thanks everyone,
    ~H~

I'll start by asking if you are looking for casual or fine dining? Aruba really has so many experiences to offer. We lean towards more casual dining, although we may throw something highend in here and there.

To get you started, the places we tend to go back to are:

Madame Janette; I think of this spot as laid back fine dining. Large portions, great steaks, wonderful schnitzel
    Salt and Pepper; small plates, relaxed dining in the evening' also a perfect spot for breakfast
    Elements (at the Bucuti; adult only, relaxed, Romantic, dinner on the beach
    West Deck (downtown); small plates, on the beach, watch the planes come in

There are many others!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I'll start by asking if you are looking for casual or fine dining? Aruba really has so many experiences to offer. We lean towards more casual dining, although we may throw something highend in here and there.

To get you started, the places we tend to go back to are:

Madame Janette; I think of this spot as laid back fine dining. Large portions, great steaks, wonderful schnitzel
    Salt and Pepper; small plates, relaxed dining in the evening' also a perfect spot for breakfast
    Elements (at the Bucuti; adult only, relaxed, Romantic, dinner on the beach
    West Deck (downtown); small plates, on the beach, watch the planes come in

There are many others!!
    We are looking for a mix, really. A couple of nights with fine dining, with the rest casual. As long as the food is fantastic, we are game.

Aruba since 1979
    relaxed.....modest.... Legends, Barneys, Salt N Pepper, Hung Paradise

a bit higher end....still relaxed... Madame janette, Gostoso, Blossoms, Leterranzane Italiana

Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    Hello all,

I have finally finalized my travel dates, and hubby and I will be in Aruba March 2018. We are splitting our stay between the Holiday Inn and the Hyatt. I need dining recommendations, though (I know it's a bit far, but I'm a planner). It's been 15 years since I stepped foot on Aruba, and I know it's grown so much since then.

I know we will have at least one meal at Le Petit Cafe and one meal at Flying Fishbone, but other than that, I'm at a loss. Any tips for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and must have snacks is much appreciated.

Thanks everyone,
    ~H~

This thread has user's top ten restaurants:
    Ten Best Restaurants in Aruba

jaw
    Would suggest Barefoot (a must). Also like Que Pasa. Banana Fritters for dessert.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by jaw View Post
    Would suggest Barefoot (a must). Also like Que Pasa. Banana Fritters for dessert.
    I agree. No trip would be complete for us without a visit to Barefoot. We also love Chalet Suisse, Azzurro at Playa Linda, Yemanja, Pinchos, and West Deck and Barneys for casual.

Try the Local Store. Very relaxed, good prices, great wings and burgers.

Yemanji, Barefoot, West Deck, Que Pasa, Pinchos, any of the pancake places for breakfast, Quinta del Carmen, Asi mi Peru, too many to name