Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StatServe

Thread: Need a few additions

Question Need a few additions

This will be our fourth annual trip to Aruba; every year staying longer than the year before and we are looking for a few restaurants to add to our list. Currently we have reservations at:
    1) Passions
    2) Madame Jeanette's
    3) El Faro Blanco
    4) Flying Fishbone
    5) Atardi, and
    6) Barefoot
    Based on this list is there anything new, or something that we have overlooked? To give you a better perspective on our tastes, Zeerovers is by far our favorite spot for lunch.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The restaurants you have listed are all upscale (and very good), but extremely different from Zeerovers. Do you want the same or more that are casual?

For upscale we love Wilhelmina. For a laid back evening downtown our favorite is Maroc (tapas). For a casual atmosphere on the water we like West Deck. For casual, good food in the Palm Beach area we like Bingo's and Barney's. On your list our favorite is Passions.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Yes, the restaurants listed were for "nice" dinners. We would like one or two more, pretty much one every other night, to fill some gaps in our schedule. Zeerovers is the one restaurant that we will go to several times for lunch during our stay. Just wanted to list it so we didn't appear pretentious based on our other picks.

Over the years I have read many of your posts and value your judgment. Wilhelmina will, quite likely, be added to our list. Tried West Deck once and enjoyed the ambience and food. Unfortunately, the service was so bad that we stayed away last year. Should really give it another try. It is amazing how bad wait staff can ruin an otherwise beautiful evening. Will take a look at Bingo's and Barney's for the more casual "in between" dinners.

Thank you, Amy, for your feedback.

We really enjoy West Deck - I would suggest giving it another try and letting them know if the service is not meeting your needs. I feel like they would be very open and reactive

I've heard awesome reviews on Elements at Bucuti.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

West Deck in the afternoon
    I think you would enjoy Elements at the Bucuti. Barney’s is a great spot for casual and we really do enjoy West Deck. Also, when downtown, we always enjoy the Dutch Pancake House.