Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need help deciding on restaurants....cab fare...

Hi there...

This will be my first time in Aruba. I have been reading the boards and I have jotted down a few restaurants to experience. Now my DH and I have to decide which to try. One of the deciding factors is cab fare. I was wondering if anyone could help by giving approximate cab fare from Marriott Surf Club to:

Madame Janette's
    El Gaucho's
    Passions
    Wacky Wahoo
    Buccaneer's
    Smokey Bones
    Linda's Pancakes
    La Petite
    Matthew's
    Old Fisherman
    B55
    Yemanja
    Fish and more

Are we able to take the bus to any of them?

THANKS!!! Terboo

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.arubabound.com/transp/taxi_fares.htm

using the chart on the arubabound website, it should give you a good figuring.

u can take the bus from Marriott to: El Gaucho, Passions,SmokeyJoes, La Petit Cafe, Matthews, Old Fisherman, B55, Yemanja and Fishes and more.

No Bus to Madam Janette.... No bus to Buccaneer, unsure if a bus goes down palm beach rd to Lindas and to wacky Wahoo.

and from aruba.com some taxi info

TAXIS
    The taxi dispatch office, which can also arrange taxi tours, is located at Pos Abou z/n in Oranjestad, behind the Eagle Bowling Palace on the Sasaki road. Most taxi drivers have participated in the government's Tourism Awareness Program. Taxis do not have meters; rates are fixed and should be checked in advance.

Click here detailed taxi fare rates in Aruba.

CONDITIONS ON TAXI TARIFFS

Effective 1st of September 2009 and valid for three (3) years.

I. All rates must be in Aruban florins (Afl.) as well as in US dollars ( US$); Exchange rate Afls 1.80 to US$1.00.

2. Minimum fare is Afl. 10,00 / US$6.00. This price list is in US Dollars (US$).

3. Prices are based on distance with a maximum capacity passengers of five passengers per taxi.

4. Sundays, official holidays and on regular days starting from 11:00 pm till 7:00 am there will be a surcharge of Afl. 5,40 /US$3.00 to the regular fares.

5. Each passenger from and to the Airport is allowed one piece of luggage and a back/hand pack-bag. For each piece of luggage there will be an additional charge of Afl. 3,60 / US$2.00 per piece. Attaché cases, laptop cases, carry on''s and any type of equipment / aid that is necessary for the passenger's mobilization can not be charged for.

6. Use of car trunk, not going to or coming from the Airport will be an additional charge of Afl. 3,60 / US$ 2.00, except when luggage is transported between hotels. In this case the charge of Afl. 3,60 / US$2.00 per piece of luggage is valid.

7. Waiting time is Afl. 5,40 / US$3.00 per 5 minutes.

8. In case of damage due to wet clothing, sharp objects or otherwise to the cars interior, there will be an additional damage charge of Afl. 90,00 / US$50.00 per incident.

9. Taxis can be hired at an hourly rate of Afl. 81,00 / US$45.00 per hour.

10. The driver - within reason - is not responsible for lost items in his/her car. Found objects will be reported and turned over to the Department of Public Transportation or the nearest police station.

11. The driver is not allowed to ask other fares than these approved by the Government.

12. The driver is not allowed to transport more than five (5) passengers in a taxi. A minor under the age of two (2) years is not considered as a passenger.

13. If a passenger being the first one to ask to be transported to a location refuses, the driver is not allowed to take more persons into his taxi. If more passengers, not being part of the same group, are transported to the same destination, then the fare has to be divided within the group transported to the destination.

14. The tariffs must be placed in sight for the passengers in the taxi.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-17-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by terboo View Post
    Smokey Bones

I guess that does sum up the place though since Smokey Joe's serves ribs. Maybe Smokey Bones would be a better name.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    i think the confusion is because there is a "chain restaurant here in the USA" SMOKEY BONES.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i think the confusion is because there is a "chain restaurant here in the USA" SMOKEY BONES.
    Never heard of it. We don't have any in or near Minneapolis.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

Aruba since 1979
    got one here in lakeland and other in clearwater.
    terrific ribs (per my husband)
    and great blackened grouper.
    wonderful corn bread with a honey pecan butter
    and their
    frozen margaritas are amazing.

sorry for being off topic

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    Never heard of it. We don't have any in or near Minneapolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    got one here in lakeland and other in clearwater.
    terrific ribs (per my husband)
    and great blackened grouper.
    wonderful corn bread with a honey pecan butter
    and their
    frozen margaritas are amazing.

sorry for being off topic
    LOL!! OOPS!

I'm not a rib person so I've never even been to Smokey Joe's in Aruba.

hahahaha! sorry for the confusion. I did mix up the Smokey Bones US with Joes Aruba. I've never been to either.

Thanks for your help.

Terboo

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    wacky wahoo could be walked(1 mile????)

Aruba since 1979
    i had thought about WW being a to walk to place, but the sidewalks are either terrible or non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmorin View Post
    wacky wahoo could be walked(1 mile????)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast