Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Madame Janette's, Wacky Wahoo's, Costa Linda beach resort

Wacky Wahoo walk

Last year my husband & I stayed at Playa Linda which is in the same area as Marriott Surf Club & we walked. It's not a very scenic route once you get out of the "busy restaurant" area, but it was an easy walk that we didn't think was unsafe & we found it no problem. (There were a few sandwich board signs near Buster's telling us to keep going). We LOVED Wacky Wahoos & will definitely return there in Oct.
    Enjoy your first trip there! (Madame Janette's is a favorite of ours too & worth the cab fare we thought, though can't remember what that was!)

Taxi fare (one way) from Marriott Surf Club to: (if anyone else needed the info)

Madame Janette's $ 9

El Gaucho's $ 11
    Passions $8
    Wacky Wahoo $ 7
    Buccaneer's $ 7
    Smokey Bones $ 6
    Linda's Pancakes $ 7
    La Petite Cafe' $ 6
    Matthew's $ 9
    Old Fisherman $ 11
    B55 $ 27
    Yemanja $ 11
    Fish and more $ 6

B55 will have to wait until the next visit when we rent a car .

We will still take the bus as much as possible if it is a short walk from the bus stop.

Thanks Everyone!!!

Terboo

the private island baby beach old man and the sea the city
    just got back from heaven on sunday night (9/19) after having a wonderful 10 days of eating, drinking and being merry!
    my favorite restaurant this trip is Barefoot. relatively new (just opened this month!) and near Pinchos. Great food, wonderul service, lovely atmosphere and beautiful sunsets!

barefoot....

Partypatty,

Do you eat beachfront at Barefoot? Is it better than Passions?

I am having such a hard time deciding between Passions and Madame Jeannette's. We like the ambiance of Passions but food quality is important too. Most reviews say they like the food better at MJ's. What to do...What to do...???? It is our anniversary dinner so we want it to be romantic and tasty.

So far we've only made reservations at El Gaucho's and Yemanja.

Terboo

Quote Originally Posted by terboo View Post
    Partypatty,

Do you eat beachfront at Barefoot? Is it better than Passions?

I am having such a hard time deciding between Passions and Madame Jeannette's. We like the ambiance of Passions but food quality is important too. Most reviews say they like the food better at MJ's. What to do...What to do...???? It is our anniversary dinner so we want it to be romantic and tasty.

So far we've only made reservations at El Gaucho's and Yemanja.

Terboo
    Decisions, Decisions, Decisions ...............

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by chef kasi View Post
    decisions, decisions, decisions ...............:d

no trip is complete without a visit to madame jeannette's...end of story !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    no trip is complete without a visit to madame jeannette's...end of story !!!!!

I absolutely agree with CindyO!! Sometimes two visits in one trip to Madame Jeanettes.

I have not been to Barefoot Restaurant yet, however, they are the same owner as Marandi (and in the old Marandi location) but if I were to compare the food at Passions vs. Marandi's....Marandi's wins hands down!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I have not been to Barefoot Restaurant yet, however, they are the same owner as Marandi (and in the old Marandi location)
    www.aruba.com/forum/f12/barefoot-restaurant-new-47489/#post184217

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    Barefoot Restaurant is across from Talk of the Town near the roundabout. The owners are the Chef and manager from Marandi's.
    Randi are the chef and manager from Marandi the owners of Marandi and now the owners of Barefoot as well?
    Or did the chef and manager leave Marandi and open Barefoot on their own?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12