Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need new restaurant ideas

This will be my 7th, 8th or maybe even 9th time to Aruba (I lost count) I will be visiting again May 1st for a week and wanted to try some new restaurants. We will also be celebrating my husbands birthday and I would like to go somewhere special that Sunday, price is not a problem.
    Places I do not want to repeat this time are: Ruinas Del Mar, Madam Jeanette, El Gaucho, Sunset Grille, Passions, Old Man and the Sea, Chefs Table.

This is my list so far:
    Amuse Bistro

Thanks in advance,

Zeerovers, Boca Prins
    (Some of my favorites)
    Windows On Aruba

We love Wacky Wahoos and Bugaloe.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Lgsmith steakhouse..suisse chalet...

Palm Beach March 2016
    Aruba May & June 2016
    Aruba Dec 2016 NYE

palm beach, eagle beach, any happy hour
    Cuba's Cookin is always a lot of fun. Good food, good mucsic, and great Mojitos.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Y H Yees asian fusion was very good. Very nice decor as well.

Any Aruba beach...

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    In June and December, Windows on Aruba was on our "must do" list. Imo, it is a very classy fine dining restaurant, but not for everyone. You will not be "in and out" in an hour. Please look at the menu first
    We were a little leery about having dinner there in December with some of our "picky" eaters. They had some problems with the salads and appetizers, but the "meat and potatoes" folks had no trouble with and actually raved about the beef and desserts. Again, this restaurant is not for everyone.

From our December trip report:
    "A concern for us was the dress code. When the restaurant opened, men were required to wear long pants. Since then it seems that the management has dropped this restriction to entice more diners. It worked for us. Dh no longer travels to Aruba with long pants.

We hopped a ride aboard the Divi/Tamarijn golf cart shuttle for a ride over to the restaurant. Upon arriving and having a reservation we thought it a bit odd that we were asked to have a seat at the bar while our table was readied. There were plenty of open tables. After about 10 minutes we were led to our window side table. That was what the wait for and it was worth it. We had a table overlooking the Divi Link’s island green as well the swimming pool. The entire restaurant is very elegant with beautiful floor to ceiling windows, large elaborate armed chairs and granite topped tables with linen tablecloths or linen runners.

Our dinner consisted of Tuna and teriyaki...Tuna tataki with seaweed, curry mayonnaise and teriyaki sauce as well as two orders of Scallops and mango...Grilled scallop, gratinated scallop and pan fried scallop with sea weed salad and mango papaya chutney. Entrees were two orders of Sea bass and risotto...Atlantic sea bass fillet, jumbo shrimp, spinach risotto and white wine sauce with flying fish caviar and Tenderloin and beans...US black Angus tenderloin, mashed potato, spring vegetables and a port sauce. Everything was delicious and beautiful arranged. I don’t remember what dessert consisted of, but I am sure dh and dd had something chocolate."

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    we love que pasa..never been dissapointed..we tried soenchis for the first time and the meal and service were great..their kesi yena was delicious..
    scott and tricia

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I agree with Chalet Suisse. It has become a regular visit for us. If you are looking for something casual, Smokey Joe's is always fun. We weren't impressed with Amuse Bistro. The portions (even the ones they referred to as regular size) were very small. We felt it wasn't worth the money, but that's just our opinion. Some people love it.

Wacky Wahoo is small, but cute. They change the music when they bring out the birthday dessert, and instead play a Happy Birthday song for the entire restaurant - at least they did that a couple years ago when we celebrated a birthday there. We liked it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast