Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Never again at Passions

  1. #21
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,059
    It was a few years ago. I generally hear pretty great reviews of their dinner service - not so much of their lunch service. Of course it's a totally different experience. Go across the street to the Islander Grill next time
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  2. #22
    Senior Member danadog56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    everywhere and anywhere
    Posts
    2,822
    Wow.....for as many years as we have been going to Aruba we have somehow managed to never go to Passions...must have been in the stars, since I would have kicked up such a fuss we would have been asked to leave !!!! LOL !!!
    I have very little patience for this kind of nonsense. I do understand waiting a little longer than in the states...( think I mentioned that I was warned on my first trip about "island" time...) so I am okay with that. After all it's not like I have to be back at work in an hour.
    But bad service is not acceptable no matter the time of day. Wonder if they feel their dinner service is where they make the most money so they cater to the night customers and "who cares" about the lunch folks....
    Either way...they are OFF my list of to try restaurants !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

  3. #23
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,772
    Passions On The Beach (dinner only) and Passions Beach Bar & Lounge (lunch) are different - different menus, different staff, chef, etc.

    We've always have had wonderful dinners at Passions (we eat there on every trip.). We do have lunch there on occasion but it's usually just a wrap or salad - it's just a bar so we're not expecting much. Have always had decent food there (we usually just order at the bar and eat under our palapa.)

    Reminds me of the time we ordered the sausage pizza at the Koakoa Bar (which is now the Bugaloe).....got a pizza with "sausage" sliced on it....yep, it was a sliced hot dog which I guess, technically, is a type of sausage. We always refer to that as our "hot dog pizza". LOL! I also remember having HOT Vichyssoise at Papillon in Aruba, too - which is supposed to be served chilled. Another oops from the chef. LOL! When we do have an issue we ask for a manager or send the manager a follow-up email so that they're aware of problems. Only way they can fix problems is if they're made aware of them.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 02-21-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    ~Amy~ - Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept./Oct. 2018 --
    Italy: Nov./Dec. 2018





  4. #24
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Either way...they are OFF my list of to try restaurants !!!!!
    Don't totally discount it for dinner.... lotsa folks rave about it... my DW loves it and I'm pretty OK with it, but for me there are better options. Food for dinner was good, service was good and the atmosphere is really nice. It is a nice experience.

  5. #25
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Passions On The Beach (dinner only) and Passions Beach Bar & Lounge (lunch) are different - different menus, different staff, chef, etc.

    We've always have had wonderful dinners at Passions (we eat there on every trip.). We do have lunch there on occasion but it's usually just a wrap or salad - it's just a bar so we're not expecting much. Have always had decent food there (we usually just order at the bar and eat under our palapa.)

    Reminds me of the time we ordered the sausage pizza at the Koakoa Bar (which is now the Bugaloe).....got a pizza with "sausage" sliced on it....yep, it was a sliced hot dog which I guess, technically, is a type of sausage. We always refer to that as our "hot dog pizza". LOL! I also remember having HOT Vichyssoise at Papillon in Aruba, too - which is supposed to be served chilled. Another oops from the chef. LOL! When we do have an issue we ask for a manager or send the manager a follow-up email so that they're aware of problems. Only way they can fix problems is if they're made aware of them.
    Amy how about Magoes what;s the food and service like? I know you always stay at the Amsterdam Manor. Thx

  6. #26
    Senior Member sunworshipperII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Palm Beach, The Marriotts lazy river
    Posts
    1,230
    Glad you clarified that Amy, we have eaten at Passions on the Beach for dinner a few times always was good. We actually just had valentines day dinner there it was fabulous...service was great for such a busy night, and our waitress was new only had been there a few days.. I know they are not open for lunch just dinner on the beach...








    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

    [/url]

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Passions On The Beach (dinner only) and Passions Beach Bar & Lounge (lunch) are different - different menus, different staff, chef, etc.

    We've always have had wonderful dinners at Passions (we eat there on every trip.). We do have lunch there on occasion but it's usually just a wrap or salad - it's just a bar so we're not expecting much. Have always had decent food there (we usually just order at the bar and eat under our palapa.)

    Reminds me of the time we ordered the sausage pizza at the Koakoa Bar (which is now the Bugaloe).....got a pizza with "sausage" sliced on it....yep, it was a sliced hot dog which I guess, technically, is a type of sausage. We always refer to that as our "hot dog pizza". LOL! I also remember having HOT Vichyssoise at Papillon in Aruba, too - which is supposed to be served chilled. Another oops from the chef. LOL! When we do have an issue we ask for a manager or send the manager a follow-up email so that they're aware of problems. Only way they can fix problems is if they're made aware of them.

    Amy,

    While I respect your comment, the whole point is that the ownership is common. I could elaborate on other things that were unacceptable, however, I think my description of what happened will suffice. The owner(s) need to pay closer attention and address the issues.

  8. #28
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,059
    Best part is that there are so many places to go for lunch! The food truck in the Eagle Beach parking lot is amazing IMO, but I know some people (in my own family) who would NEVER try to eat food from a food truck.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  9. #29
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Amy how about Magoes what;s the food and service like? I know you always stay at the Amsterdam Manor. Thx
    We have always had nice dinners at Mango's - the outdoor setting is nice and the food is good. It's sometimes our first dinner of our trip because after traveling all day and then happy hour we're just too tired to go anywhere and we know we can always get a nice, relaxing dinner there. Here are the links to their website and menu. They do have a few theme nights, too - we like the Asian night on occasion but we still like their regular menu the best.

    https://ambr-674702.c.cdn77.org/down...h-Dec-2015.pdf

    https://www.mangos-restaurant-aruba.com/

    I think it's one of those restaurants that people tend to forget about but it's always been consistent with good food and service.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 02-22-2017 at 09:41 AM.
    ~Amy~ - Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept./Oct. 2018 --
    Italy: Nov./Dec. 2018





  10. #30
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,257
    we too have dined at mangos and enjoyed it.
    paul and i enjoy heading over to amsterdam manor to their pool bar for a drink before we go out to dinner.
    it is a nice quiet and pretty setting. it is nice to mix it up every so often.....sometimes to lacabana pool bar where the music is loud and the place is lfun and lively to amsterdam manor where it is quiet and peaceful. best of both worlds right next door to each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We have always had nice dinners at Mango's - the outdoor setting is nice and the food is good. It's sometimes our first dinner of our trip because after traveling all day and then happy hour we're just too tired to go anywhere and we know we can always get a nice, relaxing dinner there. Here are the links to their website and menu. They do have a few theme nights, too - we like the Asian night on occasion but we still like their regular menu the best.

    https://ambr-674702.c.cdn77.org/down...h-Dec-2015.pdf

    https://www.mangos-restaurant-aruba.com/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO