Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Never again at Passions

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,952
    I couldn't agree with Aquaman's comments more. We ate there once after years of hearing so many rave reviews. While the atmosphere is beautiful, the food was good but not amazing, imo. Today, there are so many amazing restaurants to choose from so we are not going to spend high quality prices for NOT high quality food. In addition, I don't care for their washrooms and unfortunately, one never knows when the sewer smell will appear which can be a definite turn off. Not much Amsterdam Manor can do about that but that is enough for me not to stay there or go to their restaurants. The place looks lovely and I know lots of people like it there but too many other places to eat and stay.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

  2. #32
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,258
    we are fortunate indeed randi!
    aruba has execellent restaurant choices ranging from food trucks, to mickey d's, to ribs, to moderate, to high end dining.
    and to give us even more choices...well stocked grocery stores.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,597
    The smell you are talking about was VERY strong yesterday when I walked to Super Food, it was downright disgusting actually. That said, I could not smell it from my hotel and have no idea if it was also present near Passions yesterday. I walked down to AM today and did not smell anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I couldn't agree with Aquaman's comments more. We ate there once after years of hearing so many rave reviews. While the atmosphere is beautiful, the food was good but not amazing, imo. Today, there are so many amazing restaurants to choose from so we are not going to spend high quality prices for NOT high quality food. In addition, I don't care for their washrooms and unfortunately, one never knows when the sewer smell will appeaTher which can be a definite turn off. Not much Amsterdam Manor can do about that but that is enough for me not to stay there or go to their restaurants. The place looks lovely and I know lots of people like it there but too many other places to eat and stay.

  4. #34
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    The smell you are talking about was VERY strong yesterday when I walked to Super Food, it was downright disgusting actually. That said, I could not smell it from my hotel and have no idea if it was also present near Passions yesterday. I walked down to AM today and did not smell anything.
    It fluctuates... we only got a bit of a whiff during the 11 days we spent at AM a coupla years ago... the fly issue during the day was the killer for me.....and I'm sure it's a direct result of the processing plant.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    It fluctuates... ...and I'm sure it's a direct result of the processing plant.
    And also where the flies sit and munch

  6. #36
    Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,209
    The flies at Passion's beach bar are terrible. I've had lunch there a few times. The last time I was there chatting with Mark (A.M.'s F&B manager) and every part of my meal was covered with flies. Mark had to tell the bartender to put a cover over my food. How can I eat lunch when it's covered with a lid. Every time I took the lid off there were hundred's of flies swarming all over the food. Never again will I eat there.

    I've never been that impressed with Passion's. I know many love the place as it does have a great romantic atmosphere but for us the food has always been "hit or miss".

    I usually go once or twice a trip to Mango's; only because it's close to the Trop and La Cabana where I usually stay. Food is fine though not exceptional.

  7. #37
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    And also where the flies sit and munch
    Ewwwwww........

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO