Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~
  • 1 Post By ricky59
  • 1 Post By hvy747

Thread: new place to eat

new place to eat

I looking for a new place to eat. I have to usual places booked, Sunset, MJ's, Windows, Screaming, Fishbone, Passions, Barefoot, Papilion. DW, DD does not eat fish, so that is out of the question. I don't care for el Gaucho's or Gianni's, been to Ruth's Chris and was not impressed. Two Bulls and Carte Blanch would fit my bill but not for them.

charlie

Aruba since 1979
    I feel the same way about ruth's chris. unimpressed.

how about barneys OR amadeus ?

both are moderately priced with a nice menu with some fish but lots of other non fish items.

Quote Originally Posted by hvy747 View Post
    I looking for a new place to eat. I have to usual places booked, Sunset, MJ's, Windows, Screaming, Fishbone, Passions, Barefoot, Papilion. DW, DD does not eat fish, so that is out of the question. I don't care for el Gaucho's or Gianni's, been to Ruth's Chris and was not impressed. Two Bulls and Carte Blanch would fit my bill but not for them.

charlie

LG Smiths does a great steak and their Dutch apple pie is fabulous. Plus it's one of those restaurants where you can get a nice size serving of potato and vegetables. Also liked Taste of Belgium when we went to their old location. In looking at their website, the new location looks quite nice. White Modern gets wonderful reviews and is a place that has been on my to go list along with Queens Restaurant. Not sure if it helps but some of my favorites are Madame Janettes, Amadeus and Cubas Cookin.

I don't think you could go wrong with Amadeus.

Amadeus and Bingo are both very good. Also liked Ike's Bistro when I was there in April which is a new restaurant at Manchebo.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

jaw
    Some additiional suggestions:

Gostoso
    Matthews
    Pizza and More
    Que Pasa (banana fritters for desert)
    Taste of Belgum

We don't eat seafood and have found good selections at these restaurants.

Taste of Belgium would certainly fit the bill. We have eaten there several times and never been disappointed. If any of you do like seafood, their grouper is awesome. Good drinks and a nice beer selection too. And try a dessert.

http://www.tasteofbelgium.aw/menu.pdf

azzuro, at playa linda. always good food and excellent staff.

Thank you all for your imput. I'll search thru it all and decide which place we'll go to.

charlie

Well we are back, and the one night that I was looking for was selected. We drove to Gostosco in town, I went looking for it the morning of our reservation, I passed it twice and the third time was a charm. Parking is a little small, maybe for four or five cars, right in front of the place. We had a good meal, cheapest meal we had. We will go back and try something different from the menu. Thank you all for your imput.