Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~
  • 1 Post By Susan&Sunshine

Thread: New tapas restaurant - Maroc

New tapas restaurant - Maroc

New tapas restaurant downtown - can't wait to try it since we were just in Spain last month!

http://www.marocaruba.com/
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017
    35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Interesting.

I agree! Interesting.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Sounds like a place we would enjoy. Love grazing on small plates. Interesting that it is literally right next to Wilhemenia in the same building. Wilhemenia' entrance looks like it will get lost if they don't add a new sign.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    New tapas restaurant downtown - can't wait to try it since we were just in Spain last month!

http://www.marocaruba.com/
    We're headed there tonight. I'm not a fan of "no reservations" but we'll see.

I'm curious about this one. It sounds like it could be a nice relaxing sort of evening. Hope it's good!!!

We ate here last week and LOVED it! No reservations needed (but we went late so wouldn't have needed them anyway). We sat at the bar and ordered the "Chef's Surprise" plate of tapas. A steal at only $25 and more than enough food for the two of us with about 6 different tapas on the platter - everything from beef skewers to calamari to sausage to couscous to duck.....all small portions to share and so good! Had a couple of glasses of wine and since it was late we closed up the place with our fellow bar patrons along with an espresso flavored shot given to us by the bartender. We also got 2 desserts because they're served "tapas style", too, so small enough to taste a few bites and share. We wanted to go back again but happened to run into our bartender at Wilhelmina a few days later and told him we were coming back on Monday but he said they were closed - so even though their website says "open daily" they are closed on Mondays. It made me miss the tapas restaurants in Barcelona where it's all small bites so you can try alot of different things. We'll definitely be back to Maroc during our New Years Eve trip!
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017
    35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

There website also says they don't take reservations - just walk in. My kind of place.