Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Night 6 MADAM JANETTE

Aruba since 1979

Night 6 MADAM JANETTE

MJ was not so special tonight

Dear son had the almond encrusted grouper, daughter in law and husband had the burgerloin and i had a chicken caesar salad. They had caesar salads for appetizers and i had crab cakes. ok by the time we finished our first course we were :
    -sweating as the wind had died down
    -getting bit by mosquitos
    -and annoyed at 2 older drunk women dropping the F bomb every other word and they were right next to us. at first it was comical, but after hearing it repeatedly for over 30 minutes we wanted to strike them with our dinnerware.

i had OFF in my bag and we used it.

so, when our entrees arrived we picked at them and then asked they be packed up as doggie bags

so MJ was not a pleasant experience tonight.
    the food was delicious though.

i need air conditioning when i eat.

Ouch Unfortunately the "heat issue" is the reason why I cannot get my dh to return. Loved the burgerloin.

Aruba since 1979
    yup when the breeze dies in there it is hot.
    a hot, bug bit andrea with crappy neighbors cursing makes for an unhappy andrea.

(and don't get me wrong.......i have got a gutter mouth, but know when to not use the gutter talk)

as kevin says "if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy"

I agree, dining outside is good if you're on the beach, but not inland in that heat. Dh and I will not be returning to MJ's again. The food is excellent, but if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I want to be comfortable. I wish they had an indoor, air conditioned area because I really love the place!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    MJ was not so special tonight

Dear son had the almond encrusted grouper, daughter in law and husband had the burgerloin and i had a chicken caesar salad. They had caesar salads for appetizers and i had crab cakes. ok by the time we finished our first course we were :
    -sweating as the wind had died down
    -getting bit by mosquitos
    -and annoyed at 2 older drunk women dropping the F bomb every other word and they were right next to us. at first it was comical, but after hearing it repeatedly for over 30 minutes we wanted to strike them with our dinnerware.

i had OFF in my bag and we used it.

so, when our entrees arrived we picked at them and then asked they be packed up as doggie bags

so MJ was not a pleasant experience tonight.
    the food was delicious though.

i need air conditioning when i eat.
    Did you use the Off on the drunk foul-mouthed ladies?

Quote Originally Posted by xobxdoc View Post
    OMG! Now THAT is funny...and...something you should have done! LOL!!!

We've learned over the years that we can go to MJ's during our spring trip (late April/early May) because it's cooler with alot more breeze (we also went there a few days before NYE and all was fine, too.) But when we go to Aruba in Sept., unless it's really windy, we won't go to MJ's because it's just too hot to enjoy a hot plate of food.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    i wanted to spray them and watch them shrivel and die like the mosquitos.
    but, i was being ladylike.
    and i hear the jail on aruba has no air conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by xobxdoc View Post

We always request the "outside" area in the front of the restaurant as the air movement is better there. However, last year the heat was not the issue but rather the rain. Lovely eating with garbage bags on your back to keep the rain off!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

That's terrible. I love MJ's and would be really disappointed to have the heat and obnoxious patrons ruin my meal. Not much you can do about the heat, but I know with my big mouth, I would probably have asked the other patrons to tone it down, or have said something to the waitstaff. I'm on the fence about making reservations there for Thanksgiving. We've never had an issue with the heat or bugs there at that time of the year, but I've been hearing downhill reports lately and think we may try someplace different. Hope the rest of your dining experiences go much better!

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Andrea,
    We had the same experience on our last MJ visit two years ago, which is why we skipped it this time. The only thing that added to our pleasure was FIVE foul-mouthed young ladies. The food was good, but the atmosphere was not and there are too many other places to enjoy a great meal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast