Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Not Passionate about Passions

I took the evening to reflect and wonder if I was being Too harsh in my judgement. While I agree that the markup on licquor at most places is high, I still feel the quality of the food was poor. If it happened once, then it is easy to put it down to a bad day. When it happens several times then this indicates to me a larger issue.

I have made my decision and will not return.

Not meaning to "but in" but to add my 2 cents worth. My husband and I ate at MJ and you can bring your own wine there and they will charge a cork charge of $20.00. Not such a bad deal. (Actually our server did not even charge the $20 fee in June when we dined there.) I find in all the grocery stores the wine is marked up tremendously from the U.S. but that being said I also found a Chilli or Argentinia wine is more reasonable to purchase in the stores. I think being on vacation on an Island we wil certainly pay a huge mark up for most items. Sorry about Passions. I have never been there.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    I took the evening to reflect and wonder if I was being Too harsh in my judgement. While I agree that the markup on licquor at most places is high, I still feel the quality of the food was poor. If it happened once, then it is easy to put it down to a bad day. When it happens several times then this indicates to me a larger issue.

I have made my decision and will not return.
    If you believe it's a larger issue then why don't you notify mgmt of what you think that could be and tell them the details of your lunch experience? Everyone wants their business to do better and they like to hear praise as well as what could be changed to make it better. If the quality of food was poor at lunch, why didn't you (as a well traveled person) ask to speak to mgmt at that very moment so they can see/understand your complaints and also be given the chance to make amends so that you walk away a happy customer?

I don't care if you return or not, but ranting on a bulletin board is not doing anyone any favors. I guess if it makes you feel better, so be it. LOL!

And yes, Passions will also let you bring your own wine at dinner (and probably lunch as well) - they also charge a corkage fee like Madame Janette's and other restaurants do.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12