Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By aquaman
  • 1 Post By WaltVB
  • 3 Post By aquaman
  • 2 Post By arubabob
  • 2 Post By WaltVB

Thread: OK Whats wrong at 7West ?????

OK Whats wrong at 7West ?????

We have gone to this little place in the Marina area of Oranjestad on and off over the past 7--8 years. Today we took a low key day in Oranjestad and decided to stop into 7West which has a nice view over the marina area.

What happened was disgusting.

We arrived and within minutes the waitress arrived to take a drink order. Then the time warp started. About 10 minutes later the drinks arrived. As we enjoyed our drinks, a number of other diners walked in. Some from the Coral Princess cruise ship.

The waitress went table to table taking orders and serving them drinks.

We sat and sat and sat. We even saw "cruisers" served food and leave before our order was taken. Finally in total frustration I got up and walked to the bar and requested we be served. About 10 minutes after that we were served a second round of drinks and the order taken. The elapsed time at this point was 1 hour!!!!!!!!! FINALLY after another hour a tuna salad and a crummy hamburger arrived. Well, this was enough to set the better half off. ( and those of you who know her understand she is not a "fly off the handle type" ).

The waitress shrugged and offered a glass of wine on the house.

Total time from arrival until food arrived was over 2 hours. I discussed this with the waitress only to receive the response " I have told the chef off"

If you are retired or retiring and awaiting your pension, I suggest this is a great place to while away those years!!!!

You may wonder why we didn't leave ? We had the time and I was wondering how bad it could get

John ( Almost dining experience comatose )

Aruba since 1979
    were you able to speak with manager or the person in charge to express your concerns?

hope so

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    We have gone to this little place in the Marina area of Oranjestad on and off over the past 7--8 years. Today we took a low key day in Oranjestad and decided to stop into 7West which has a nice view over the marina area.

What happened was disgusting.

We arrived and within minutes the waitress arrived to take a drink order. Then the time warp started. About 10 minutes later the drinks arrived. As we enjoyed our drinks, a number of other diners walked in. Some from the Coral Princess cruise ship.

The waitress went table to table taking orders and serving them drinks.

We sat and sat and sat. We even saw "cruisers" served food and leave before our order was taken. Finally in total frustration I got up and walked to the bar and requested we be served. About 10 minutes after that we were served a second round of drinks and the order taken. The elapsed time at this point was 1 hour!!!!!!!!! FINALLY after another hour a tuna salad and a crummy hamburger arrived. Well, this was enough to set the better half off. ( and those of you who know her understand she is not a "fly off the handle type" ).

The waitress shrugged and offered a glass of wine on the house.

Total time from arrival until food arrived was over 2 hours. I discussed this with the waitress only to receive the response " I have told the chef off"

If you are retired or retiring and awaiting your pension, I suggest this is a great place to while away those years!!!!

You may wonder why we didn't leave ? We had the time and I was wondering how bad it could get

John ( Almost dining experience comatose )

Sorry to hear of your time "wasted" at 7West. We have noticed the place and considered stopping in on past trips, but never did. I might be glad of that now. Over the years we have tried a lot of places and when the service is bad, we never return. MJ's is one of the more notable places that we don't visit anymore because of bad service (for our table anyway). Life is short, but time in Aruba is even shorter for us, so to spend that long waiting cuts into our time. There are places we have spent 2 hours or more enjoying a meal, but there has been excellent service and drinks/apps/food in front of us to justify that time. I think sometimes we as tourists are taken for granted with a "they'll wait, they're on vacation" attitude. Or maybe it's just terrible management issues. I hope more folks will respond with positive reviews, but sometimes that just doesn't happen. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Andrea.....there was no Manager....so we got stuffed

WaltVB...I am so sorry to post when a place like this has gone down hill!!!! They should open their eyes and look around. Just across the street Over Nobles Jewellers the bar/restaurant that opened has failed after almost a year in business. Many of the stores in the complex are suffering. Don't you think they could pick up on that?? We are here for 6+ months and know the restaurants we like. 7West is now in the garbage bin. Worst service, mediocre food and an " I couldn't give a s**t attitude"

A very disappointing experience

Now, after some only OK experiences at Taste of Belgium, I am pleased to report that our last 4--5 visits have been excellent. Good staff, attentive and good food. Yes, they had their moments bur seem to be back on track

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    There is no way I sit there that long. If I saw someone else get their order taken after I had been there longer, I would simply walk up to my waitress and tell her we were leaving because of her and that it was too bad because we are great tippers when we get halfway decent service.

John, please no apologies. It's a post like this that we all use to better our Aruba experience. Thanks for your post.