Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

The Old Cunucu House?

A friend recommended this place but I havent' heard anyone on the boards talk about it? Any good? Menu looks good.

Aruba since 1979
    I did not know it was still opened.

The Old Conucu House was one of Aruba's "staples" ...meaning, LOTS of folks went there, and ENJOYED.

About 8 or 9 yrs ago it was sold and then it changed hands again and again.
    Last time we were there, maybe 5 yrs ago it was nothing compared to the way it used to be.

I hope someone can enlighten us and tell us it is open and the food is marvelous?

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Thumbs up

We were there in January.

The place is very charming, and if you are not into spicy food it is quite ok food and relatively authentic.

We prefer more flavor in our food, so not a huge hit for us, but at least a chance to try real Arubean food, if you choose those courses.

So I guess it is still open. If no one confirms it 100% here, I can drive by and see if it open, if it is very important to you.

Or contact them here: http://www.theoldcunucuhouse.com/

Carsten

Don't go out of your way but yeah if your in the area I'd love to know if its still open! Thank you!!!

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Thumbs up

Went by last night. They were indeed open.

Have fun

Carsten

Thank you very much!!

Aruba since 1979
    how was it carsten and what did you have to eat?

could you give a review?

thanks
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzerjoy View Post
    Went by last night. They were indeed open.

Have fun

Carsten

Banned

Thumbs up

The staff is very friendly.
    The atmosphere is very cosy, definitely feels like a house, not a commercial restaurant.
    We tried most of the real local dishes on the menu, just to sample typical Aruba flavors.
    I am a HUGE fan of Aruba, but the food is generally to sweet and un-spiced for my taste, but I like very spicy food, so just a personal preference.
    Prices are very good for Aruba, so definitely worth a visit for people who have not yet tried Arubean food or for those who love it.

Carsten

Aruba since 1979
    danki carsten

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzerjoy View Post
    The staff is very friendly.
    The atmosphere is very cosy, definitely feels like a house, not a commercial restaurant.
    We tried most of the real local dishes on the menu, just to sample typical Aruba flavors.
    I am a HUGE fan of Aruba, but the food is generally to sweet and un-spiced for my taste, but I like very spicy food, so just a personal preference.
    Prices are very good for Aruba, so definitely worth a visit for people who have not yet tried Arubean food or for those who love it.

Carsten