Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

old man and the sea

has anyone eaten here yet...im dying to know how is it

I ate there last week. it was good, but service a little slow as they're still in the "soft opening stage." photos are on my blog.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

We'll be arriving this weekend for 2 weeks and I'm definitely planning on going here. The pictures on SanNic44's blog look great, and it'll be a nice place to suprise my wife with on a nice sunset evening. Looks like about $100 dinner based on the menu, does that sound about right?

i'm wonderig if i should cancel my reservations to the flying fishbone and try this place out.

Matt and Arubaness,

I think your price estimate is accurate, maybe even a little high depending on your beverages. I just want to remind everyone that this restaurant is still in the "soft opening phase." The food is good, no doubt about it. However, they are making adjustments to the staff and things so there may be small hiccups along the way. The setting is great, the staff friendly, Chef Gabby a great guy. As far as I'm concerned that is 90% of a good experience right there.

Well, my goal is to have a nice romantic sunset dinner with the Mrs. on the beach. If the service is a little slow so be it, I'm on vacation.

I went there this week and it was awesome

My wife and I had the best time there, I can't stop talking about it, here is there website for you restaurant junkies out there.

http://theoldmanandthesearestaurant.com
    Last edited by Jonathan; 08-23-2008 at 09:00 PM.

44... Making reservations for dinner at The Old Man and The Sea. I was wondering what this private island is that they are talking about on their website. I am assuming you dine on the beach at the restaurant, but you can boat to a private island as well...for??? I feel clueless. :P

SailAway

SailAway,

I think the private island really refers to the private peninsula where they have a large palapa hut under which you can dine. There is a tiny little floating dock they use for a music stage. Other than that, I know nothing about the private island.

There is a little island further out in the water, it's actually the top of the reef. There is a pavillion out there but mostly kids and people party out there. This is more toward ZeeRovers, and several hundred yards away. Rarely do I see people there at night.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much 44. Yes, makes perfect sense. Problem is, their email doesn't work for reservations!! Just my luck. Will wait until we arrive and try to call I guess. Thanks again for your thoughts.

SailAway

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast