Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I made reservations at The Old Man

through my hotel!... I emailed them about a week ago and Laurine (at the Riu) was kind enough to make the reservation for me. Maybe you can try asking the staff at the hotel you will be staying at!... Looks amazing though... I'm excited!
    Countdown till September!

Oh Sunset, you are such a doll! Thank you so much for the email/phone and owners name. Such a glowing, wonderful review of the restaurant too~! This is going to be such a treat!

SailAway

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thanks so much Sunsetlover for the reviews of the Old man and the Sea. Ever since Sannic44 posted the pics I have been interested in hearing about it. FINALLY, someone posted a report. I have to wait till april09 !

Just checked out the menu and since one of the desserts is Ambrosia Salad and since that is our last name, then it must be fate.....now we will have to go for sure in November.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Thanks so much for the info! Looking forward to trying it next time we go.

After reading all the comments about this new place. We are definitely going to check it out while we are there next month. We will wait to make reservations once we arrive too.

I found a post you may be interested in. Shows pictures.
    http://allaboutaruba.net/theoldmanandthesea.aspx

Just a note, I was able to make reservations from their website by copying the email address and posting it in my own e-mail (hotmail). The link itself doesn't work (or just didn't for me and at least one other user). I got a response within 12 hours from Mr. Viera and he seems very nice and willing to help me plan my sunset dinner proposal.
    I had already made a reservation for our 5th night at Flying Fishbone, but since I have read more and more about how its become crowded and less romantic I've decided to go with The Old Man and The Sea on the night that we arrive for the proposal and leave FFB for just a nice dinner.
    I already couldn't wait to get to Aruba but now the excitement level is approaching frenzy

Quote Originally Posted by AUTOFX View Post
    I've decided to go with The Old Man and The Sea on the night that we arrive for the proposal and leave FFB for just a nice dinner.
    I already couldn't wait to get to Aruba but now the excitement level is approaching frenzy
    Are we going to see photos with your new camera upon your return? I hope so!

Of Course! Hopefully someone there will help me plan it out a little ahead of time so I can get a shot of Keri's face when I ask - I'm sure it will be priceless

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast