Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by puffthefish View Post
    It looks VERY nice. Thank you for the photos.

My wife and I ate there a week ago today, and it was absolutely fantastic. The food was wonderful, the service was outstanding and my wife was very taken with the ambiance and romance of the restaurant!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Puff, Thanks for the pics. Did you have any wine? The wine "cellar" looks well stocked, were the wines outside?
    I think it'll end up on our list of places, we got 2 wks to fill up....YUM!

Quote Originally Posted by mattnewhampshire View Post
    My wife and I ate there a week ago today, and it was absolutely fantastic. The food was wonderful, the service was outstanding and my wife was very taken with the ambiance and romance of the restaurant!
    We have to second that opinion. My wife and I also found the food woderful and the ambiance is absolutely fantastic. You have to try this restaurant.

Its good to see the feedback for this place. It's on our list to check out when we arrive next week. We also have two weeks to fill for dinner. Passions already has our reservations for our anniversary.

Thanks.

My wife and I dined there Saturday. UNBELIEVABLY good food! I had a Crab Meat and Avacado Salad app, DW had a cream of Broccoli soup. Both were delicious.

For our main courses, I had the Macadamia Crusted catch of the day (happened to be Red Snapper that day)... DW had the Shrimp and Penne Vodka. I will say this: the Snapper was the best seafood dish I have ever had.

DW was raving about her pasta and shrimp as well (and we are from Brooklyn!!!)..

The *only* negative was the insects. Not much they could do about it. On the night we were there, there was little wind (thank you Hurricance Ike). Thus, as the sun set, the mosquitos came out (in force and on a mission!). I forget the woman's name (I think she was an owner/manger)... she took mercy on us and brought us a can of OFF!. That helped a great deal, but DW had to get away from them as soon as our entrees were polished off--didnt have a chance for dessert :-(

I think it was just luck of the draw (or lack of) on the mosquitos.... I would DEFINITELY go back. Service was fantastic. Ambience was unparalleled. Food was delicious.

Yes to the wine, and it was great. Served at true cellar temp, which is somewhat rare to find.

The wine list is pretty decent and the owner knows his stuff.

puff

Puff,
    i must agree this place looks really nice, although have reservation already at passions, am only there for a week, so have to check out menus again

Aruba since 1979
    hey kath

which leads to the saying

aruba, too many restaurants, not enough nights!

andrea

Well, I have read through all 4 pages and even gone to the (Old Man & the Sea) restaurant's website, but I can't figure out where it is located. Was it previously named something else? We are going in November for 2 weeks, our 14th consecutive year and we are always looking for new dining experiences.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast