Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Old Man and the Sea

I know sulaika and osyth, manager and owner, they told me last
    month when i called for reservations they were renovating the kitchen?

I do know the owner is looking to convert mostly bed and breakfast,
    she already completed couple rooms.
    she explained the restaurant would continue to operate.

Maybe she had to renovate the kitchen, due to violations??

I guess time will tell. I will shoot over there sometime and just ask them so we all know for sure.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

I sent a facebook message and this is the reoly. They do not appear to be closed.

Hi Taracey, thk u for your message. No the restaurant has not closed down. Actually we are introducing also bedrooms and a whole new project of a boutique hotel in the waters close to the restaurant. Sol is taking thereservations and the phone is 5843434,
    Best regards Osyth
    Not sure when, but we will be back

NOT a fan of Old Man and the Sea.

Aruba since 1979
    terrific
    i am glad osyth wrote back to you!
    i contacted a friend of hers who is also a friend of ours and he said the same.

it would have been sad to see the place close.....and now a boutique hotel added to the area.

QUOTE=Traceyd14;278066]I sent a facebook message and this is the reoly. They do not appear to be closed.

Hi Taracey, thk u for your message. No the restaurant has not closed down. Actually we are introducing also bedrooms and a whole new project of a boutique hotel in the waters close to the restaurant. Sol is taking thereservations and the phone is 5843434,
    Best regards Osyth[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-25-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Well folks, I don't know whats going on but I drove there myself at 6 tonight and the gate was open alittle so I squeezed in and there were 4 guys working where the kitchen use to be. I told them the people on the Aruba Board was wondering what was going on. He told me it was going to be a Bed & Breakfast and 2 rooms were already done and now they are doing the house part and it was where the old kitchen was. They are making a apartment out of it. So there is no more kitchen and he told me it would not be Old Man and the Sea anymore. I seen it for myself so I really don't know why they would still be taking reservations. There is no kitchen and they made a house apartment where the kitchen was. I guess we will see.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    maybe it will be a different "format/layout?"

kent...thank you for doing due diligence!! your efforts are appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    Well folks, I don't know whats going on but I drove there myself at 6 tonight and the gate was open alittle so I squeezed in and there were 4 guys working where the kitchen use to be. I told them the people on the Aruba Board was wondering what was going on. He told me it was going to be a Bed & Breakfast and 2 rooms were already done and now they are doing the house part and it was where the old kitchen was. They are making a apartment out of it. So there is no more kitchen and he told me it would not be Old Man and the Sea anymore. I seen it for myself so I really don't know why they would still be taking reservations. There is no kitchen and they made a house apartment where the kitchen was. I guess we will see.

Andrea, With the bed and breakfast, they need a kitchen. I believe the restaurant will reopen,
    that's what I was told.

Having three dining tables will not interfere with her guests.

The private dock area will be converted into a bedroom, another bedroom is located just off the kitchen.
    Honestly, sleeping over the water in that location would be beautiful.

Osyth lost her original chef gabriel, when club arias opened, in my opinion it never recovered..
    She's aware of their success, her location is prime, only problem for me
    the cost per night?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12