Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Old Man and The Sea Question

We are trying to find a nice place for dinner to celebrate my MIL's 65th b'day while on the island. I am wondering if the private table at Old Man and The Sea is appropriate? I know it is a romantic setting, but, for those of you who have been there, would it be ok to have a b'day dinner there for five, including a six year-old (who is well behaved)?

My husband and I had dinner at Passions this year and it was wonderful, so that is another option for us if Old Man and The Sea doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by badney View Post
    would it be ok to have a b'day dinner there for five, including a six year-old (who is well behaved)? .
    In that you have your child, you may wish to inquire as to whether or not they would even allow you to be seated at that table.

We had our then well behaved 13 yo dd, with us and were told because of "her" we could not have a table next to the water.

Oh, wow. Thank you Arubalisa for the heads up. I will email them right now. I wonder if the same 'rule' applies at Passions? Does anyone have experience at a beach-side restaurant with young children?

Quote Originally Posted by badney View Post
    Oh, wow. Thank you Arubalisa for the heads up. I will email them right now. I wonder if the same 'rule' applies at Passions? Does anyone have experience at a beach-side restaurant with young children?
    You could email Passions as well, but over the past 2+ years, we have never had a problem with our daughter at Passions. I would request an oceanfront table. Our "big" girl, between courses, enjoys strolling down to the water.

I could easily imagine if she were younger getting down into the sand playing and having some "quiet" fun.

I had significant issues on our last visit to Old Man and the Sea so I am not going to give you a for that restaurant. If you want to go back and read my review from Dec. '09, it is all there in detail.

I will recommend Marandi's or Pinchos for a lovely dinning experience. Pinchos is small but Marandi's isn't. Mirandi's is one of our favourites and they don't mind children and will seat you anywhere regardless.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    I'd say Mirandi's or Madame Janette's. Both will accomodate children and both have excellent food and ambiance.

Last time we went to Mirandi's they gave bread to some children to feed the fish as the restaurant is right on the water, so they definitely are kid friendly. I think Pincho's food is a tad better, but probably more of an adult atmosphere.

You have to pay extra at the Old man and the sea for dining on the private island/table palapa thing.
    Since you're paying extra you will be able to seat whomever you'd like to seat there.

It's totally worth it, here's a pic from last year
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Man and The Sea Question-picture-051.jpg   Old Man and The Sea Question-picture-035.jpg