Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am like you i will just not return, no confrontations. I hate it when bad public service happens. I worked in the public for a long time. If i can make people happy anyone can, just my opinion.

That's Brutal!

After you got the bill you should have played dumb and said that DH left his wallet at the hotel.
    Last edited by arubamark; 07-07-2009 at 07:25 AM.

CindyO and I feel some guilt, having given OMATS rave reviews in April. Sorry.

Shows you how things can change.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I opened my email this a.m. to find an email from the owner of Old Man & the Sea dated 1:32 a.m. Obviously he is a gentleman dedicted to his work.

The email included a sincere apology and some details as to the facts behind what had happened "behind the scenes" that evening.

The owner also detailed the steps and actions he is taking in order to make his restaurant the best that it possibly can be.

Dh and I are both satisfied in knowing that he does indeed care very much about his restaurant. Again, it was indeed a heartfelt apology and I thank him for that.

Aruba since 1979
    Gotta love it.
    Truly an honorable person.

And making some lemonade here from the lemons.............this is a perfect example of Aruba being Happy and Friendly and Accommodating.
    Aruba prides itself on its people, its food, its beaches etc... This restaurant has been given reviews as the be all and the end all of fine dining on the water's edge. I for one am thrilled that this person that wrote to Lisa, did not disappoint and helped restore faith in the words "customer service"

Andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I opened my email this a.m. to find an email from the owner of Old Man & the Sea dated 1:32 a.m. Obviously he is a gentleman dedicted to his work.

The email included a sincere apology and some details as to the facts behind what had happened "behind the scenes" that evening.

The owner also detailed the steps and actions he is taking in order to make his restaurant the best that it possibly can be.

Dh and I are both satisfied in knowing that he does indeed care very much about his restaurant. Again, it was indeed a heartfelt apology and I thank him for that.

This is good news to hear!
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

I spent some time going through the restaurantsaruba.com reviews and noticed that the review is either outstanding on all fronts, or terrible on all fronts. No middle which I find to be rather odd. I can't believe no one Loved that atmosphere but hated the food, or Loved the food but hated the service, etc etc.
    I'm wondering if on the days the owner isn't personally there, perhaps the manager on duty is "phoning" it in?
    If that's the case, I'd like to know what nights he works so I can make my reservations for that night.

Also, do you mind sharing what was going on behind the scenes?

Aruba since 1979
    i am closing this thread for now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12