Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By jdoll

Thread: Old Man and the Sea - your thoughts?

Old Man and the Sea - your thoughts?

My husband and I wanted to dine in the new beach beds at The Old Man and the Sea while on our trip in June. However, many of the trip advisor reviews state that the ambience doesn't make up for the poor food quality. We'd rather not sacrifice food quality for a great atmosphere. Any thoughts?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/old%...the%20sea.html
    check out the above link for lots of threads on OMATS.
    very mixed reviews.

there are plenty of other places, waterfront that have great food and ambience.

Quote Originally Posted by amydawn99 View Post
    My husband and I wanted to dine in the new beach beds at The Old Man and the Sea while on our trip in June. However, many of the trip advisor reviews state that the ambience doesn't make up for the poor food quality. We'd rather not sacrifice food quality for a great atmosphere. Any thoughts?

The bed is a novel idea, but my wife and I don't find the food worth the drive or price. Passion, is the best toes in the sand dining IMHO.

And this would not be for everyone but one subitute for the waters edge, bed experience is this. Each fall before we leave for Aruba we buy & pack 2-Tiki candle buckets (the small ones), then while my wife sets up chairs, candles, diningware from the room, etc on the beach I pick cup our take out meal from http://www.thekitchenaruba.com/. We dine at waters edge once a week while we are there.

As I said, not for everyone, but thought I would throw it out there.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".