Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Old Restaurant, New Location

Had lunch the other day at La Terraza Restaurant-Cafe on the Bay. I was in the Renaissance mall and asked a sales clerk what happened to that wonderful little bistro that was behind the mall in the square. Ohh, she said, they've moved. The new location is right on the marina behind the parking lot with all the little shacks. It's a newly built mall and only a few stores are filled. Take the spiral stairway to the second floor and you are there. Sit outside and the tradewinds make you very comfy. The view is to die for and the food, well, WONDERFUL and properly priced. Huge menu too. I told the owner she needs to market more where her new location is. Glad I was able to locate them again. Give it a try if you are near the Royal Plaza (it's directly across the street).

SailAway

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Do they still give discounts to timeshare owners? THey did at their previous location. Yes, I agree its a good place...nice menu( is it the same as the old place?), good service and nice new location....add to your must trys.....its above Gambero Russo...

Wow, too many new restaurants to try this year....I don't know if I will be able to go to all of the ones I have on my "list"....counting this one I think I have about 14-16......well, maybe not..one each night just about covers the whole vacation !!!! Okay, keep 'em coming, now I will have to start on my lunch plans !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Okay, keep 'em coming, now I will have to start on my lunch plans !!!!
    Tapas at Salt and Pepper!

Cindy..I don't know about discounts since I don't own a timeshare. The menu is the same with daily specials as well. Great service, AWESOME view. It's a nice, quick place to eat for lunch after or before shopping the malls. The italian restaurant you mentioned downstairs looks very nice too...but I read the menu posted and the apps. were $14.00 - 18.00!! Yikes. I'm sure it's good though.

Dh and I went to Madam Janettes for the first time tonight. It was busy for a Wed. evening. I had made reservations 2 weeks ago as it was our 25th W. Anniv. The ambiance is amazing. The waiter arrived with two Kir Royals on the house due to our celebrating. Very nice touch! I had a snapper special and dh had the butcher block filet. They both tasted wonderful, but I was disappointed my fish was raw in the center. I've worked in restaurants for years and I know this does happen on occassion. I ate about 1/4 of the fish, but I just mentioned to the waiter so it would not happen to someone else. The manager came over and took it off our bill and bought me dessert. Very unexpected for him to do that! Classy indeed. I still give it a big thumbs up! (dessert was WONDERFUL)

SailAway

Yes Arubalisa, tapas at Salt and Pepper are the BEST!!! I love their carpaccio too! YUM They also have a tapa that is a small bowl of sauteed swordfish in a garlic lemon sauce for $5.50. Since I can't get swordfish in Oregon, I had to have it! Wonderful!

SailAway

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Question New Restaurant near Renaissance

Making our dining plans now. So is the restaurant that moved named Salt and Peppers? Where exactly is it again, near Don Carlos?? By the cruise ships?? Has Villa Germania reopened at a new location? Final question. With us at the Renaissance, do you think there are enough new restaurants in town to justify not renting a car this trip? I am torn, because The Old Man and the Sea sounds great, and we love eating at Ventanas del Mar at Tierra del Sol. Feedback please!
    Snow***

Next Aruba trip in

Why not just rent a car for 1 - 3 days?

http://www.laterrazaaruba.com/

There is a map on their contact page.

http://www.saltandpepperaruba.com/ Salt & Pepper is still in the same location across the street from the Occidental on Palm Beach.

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Thumbs up

Thanks for the La terraza link. Found a coupon for 10% off! Question, if renting a car for only three days, do they bring the rental car to you, and you could return it to the airport. Ideally, I would like to rent a car for one week, and split it between arrival from the airport to do some grocery shopping, church, etc. and then have it at the end of the second week to have that last romantic dinner, pack up the car and drive back to the airport. Has anyone ever done that?

Next Aruba trip in

When we rented from Royal they dropped the car off at the resort and we did the paperwork right there. When we rented from Amigo they brought the car to the resort and then took us back to their office to complete the paperwork.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast