Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Omg, oMg, OMG Quinta Del Carmen

  1. #11
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,676
    Sounds wonderful. Wish are trip wasn't so far away. I love trying new restaurants. My SIL is heading to Aruba on Friday so I'll have to tell her to give it a try.

  2. #12
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,856
    So many new (to me) places that are making my list! Thanks all for the information & recommendations!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,931
    Rob, I will try to remember and take that picture for you.

    Another small piece of trivia, Hubert (taxi driver 83) mother use to work there for the doctor.

    We wish the Quinta Del Carmen gang all the best success!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

  4. #14
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699

    Grouper

    Tough super tough call!Had it at Scala, Ricardos, quintadelCarmen, passions, TierraDelSol, pinchos... All great honestlyI'm thinking TierraDelSol though😄
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Recomended by 2 of my favorite posters, it is officially on the maybe list for us. Which restaurant has served yoir favorite grouper so far?

  5. #15
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,921
    cindyo and others..the grouer at barneys is extraordinary too.
    for grouper lovers........aruba is the be all and the end all.

  6. #16
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    I am sorry to report last nights grouper didn't cut it for me.... First unhappy report of my trip😞
    whilt the grouper topped with mango cream sounded fabulous it just wasn't. We ate at Barefoot, everyone happy, and I usually am there. Next time will be a different choice.

  7. #17
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,921
    that is a shame.
    sometimes those dishes that sound fabulous with the special sauces/gravies just are not for all's taste.
    many prefer no heavy or fruity or cream type sauces.
    the older i get, i feel i am turning into one of those people.

    was it a nice evening otherwise? sure hope so!

    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I am sorry to report last nights grouper didn't cut it for me.... First unhappy report of my trip
    whilt the grouper topped with mango cream sounded fabulous it just wasn't. We ate at Barefoot, everyone happy, and I usually am there. Next time will be a different choice.

  8. #18
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I am sorry to report last nights grouper didn't cut it for me.... First unhappy report of my trip
    whilt the grouper topped with mango cream sounded fabulous it just wasn't. We ate at Barefoot, everyone happy, and I usually am there. Next time will be a different choice.
    I had that same dish at Barefoot the first year it opened. It sounded good in theory but the sauce was way too much for such a light fish like grouper. It didn't work for me and it took awhile before we went back to Barefoot because of it. However, I have seen reviews since then from people who mentioned that they had this same entree and they liked it. So, once again, it's all just a matter of personal taste.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  9. #19
    Senior Member hatteras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I had that same dish at Barefoot the first year it opened. It sounded good in theory but the sauce was way too much for such a light fish like grouper. It didn't work for me and it took awhile before we went back to Barefoot because of it. However, I have seen reviews since then from people who mentioned that they had this same entree and they liked it. So, once again, it's all just a matter of personal taste.
    I'm one of those people who loves it. I'm not a big fish lover, so I guess the reason that I like it so much is because there is so much sauce.

  10. #20
    Senior Member arubabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that is a shame.
    sometimes those dishes that sound fabulous with the special sauces/gravies just are not for all's taste.
    many prefer no heavy or fruity or cream type sauces.
    the older i get, i feel i am turning into one of those people.

    was it a nice evening otherwise? sure hope so!
    I don't think you can beat the Grilled Grouper at Pelicans nest. It sounds so simple, and is, but it is mouthwateringly delicious. Sometimes simple is better. It tastes like grouper, not sauce.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO