Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: One Happy Bar - Airport

Great tip. Thank you, we'll give it a try because it does look a lot more of comfortable, although I do like the bartender at One Happy Bar, even though he can be a bit fresh!

Unhappy One Happy Bar-not all patrons leave Happy

I have been going to Aruba for at least 8 year, infact I own a time share, and
    purchased time shares for a neice and nephew, this is how much I love Aruba
    and the people who live on the Island. The people are happy, and they always
    make me feel like family, I think I know the first name of all the people at the
    Renaissance, where my family and I have spend our vacations. I just spent a
    glorious week at Renaissance we left there Friday a little sad that we had to leave after a week. We went through customs and proceded to our departure gate Jet Blue, we got there early so I was going to have a long wait, I needed a smoke, next to the ladies room I saw a small bar, I asked the bartender if I could smoke, he said if I was going to have a drink, I could smoke in a little smoking room that was also fine with me. I proceded into the smoking room must have been 3x3, the outside wall was glass and faced towards the waiting room. My nephew passed by and saw me, he turned and walked towards me, he had just gone through the door, when I heard someone yell at him "Can't you read" My nephew is a doctor who also overseas my health, he has more degrees than I can count, and he definately can read, he doesn't smoke drink, all he wanted to do was remind me I shouldn't be smoking. He left a little embarassed, I looked up at the sign it said you had to buy a drink to sit in there . The bartender who had embarrased me and my nephew, left the spot he was sitting at, the manager (a women) said I had to understand, people may want to use the room for smoking and not buy a drink my nephew wasn't sitting nor smoking, but they had no authority to make him buy a drink because he wanted to say something to me, I wanted to speak to the bartenter who was so rude, I didn't realize this bar had a Bouncer, that's exactly what he was the manager told me she didn't know where he was, I asked under whose jurisdiction did this bar come under the airport or Jetblue, the women said it was independently owned, I left and came back, to get the name of the bar and the name of the bartender, now the bartender, is back he is speaking to a waitress, I started to tell him what he did was wrong I asked his name which he wouldn't tell me, He turned his name plate that was hanging from his neck around, I told hime why I wanted his name he was arragant to me, again speaking to the waitree what sounded like spanish, I asked his name again he yelled at me again said it's Glen, asked for his full name he refused, one thing I do know I would not have guessed they were from Aruba. Overall the management was very poor, Glen has he called himsel, tried to imtimidate me by the way he spoke to me and his body language, was that of a New York, wana be tough guy. My feelings about Aruba and the people, but this bar definately needs some training
    also the area they used for making the sandwiches has a door the open into the walk leading to the ladies room, didn't think this was to sanitary, food to close to a toilet. Thank you

That's a shame your trip ended that way. It's true, they do yell across at people who enter the smoking room without buying a drink. Guess I never thought much of it because I'm not a smoker so it doesn't impact me. I always sit at the little bar. I'm not sure if the Dutch Bar has the same policy, but I know the little bar before security is the same way, and the bartender will snap at you if you try to smoke there without buying something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12