Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: One night only!

  1. #1
    Member monika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Malmok
    Posts
    79

    One night only!

    Guys,
    I've already ask on other my thread but I think this please will be better.
    We have very thigh budget and we can eat some fancy dinner on one night only.
    What would be your choice?Just one good restaurant?
    I just add that we do not eat fishwe do not want spend fortune for taxi (maybe something on bus route).
    And we are meatlovers AND RUM DRINKERS
    Budget $150 max$180 per couple.


    And now for other 13 nigths we need same cheap options no more than $20 per person,maybe some take aways?

    And my personal question...are there watermelons???I love them!

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,921
    let me star with the $20 per person places (not including liquor (rum) ;-)
    )

    Lindas pancake (not just breakfast) excellent chicken and tenderloin beef sate' less than $11 apiece.

    Nos Conucu awesome aruban food, burgers, keshi yena, steak, goat stew less than $15 pp

    Pizza Bob, good salads too less than $15 pp

    Salt n pepper tapas about $20 pp or less

    Amadeus can squeak by at $20 pp

    Hot Take Away next door to Amadeus less than $8 for a huge lunch, (which we saved and had for supper)

    here are your higher priced places
    Madam Janettes awesome steak lamb tons of delicious foods $maybe $50+ pp...maybe less.

    Passions on the beach $can do for $50 pp or less great reviews

    Windows on Aruba $can do for about $50 or more pp great reviews.

    Flyingfishbone (fish and some steak) $50 pp and EXPENSIVE taxi ride r/t.

    I will let others give their views.

    I have seen watermelons at the grocery story and they are NOT inexpensive, about $10 or more.
    Quote Originally Posted by monika View Post
    Guys,
    I've already ask on other my thread but I think this please will be better.
    We have very thigh budget and we can eat some fancy dinner on one night only.
    What would be your choice?Just one good restaurant?
    I just add that we do not eat fishwe do not want spend fortune for taxi (maybe something on bus route).
    And we are meatlovers AND RUM DRINKERS
    Budget $150 max$180 per couple.


    And now for other 13 nigths we need same cheap options no more than $20 per person,maybe some take aways?

    And my personal question...are there watermelons???I love them!

  3. #3
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    One of my favorites is Passions: beach dining, great atmosphere and food. It's located on Eagle Beach at Amsterdam Manor so it's easy to get to from the hotel area (by bus or taxi.)

    They have alot of seafood on their menu but some meat items, too. You'll have to take a look at their menu and see if there is anything you'd like. They do have an amazing watermelon salad with feta cheese that I love!

    Menu: http://www.amsterdammanor.com/restaurant/menu_passions_restaurant.html

    Couple other of our favorites are Papillon (located in the Palm Beach area across the street from the hotels) and Screaming Eagle (across from Eagle Beach) - you can check out their menus on their websites:
    http://www.papillonaruba.com/

    http://www.screaming-eagle.net/
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  4. #4
    Member monika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Malmok
    Posts
    79
    Thank you Girls!
    I am glad there is soo many cheap options ,I won't be hungry...
    Andrea can you give me a directions for Nos Conucu ,please?

    I will make a note of the place you recommend and check them once I will be there.
    What about live music?

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,921
    madame janettes has live music, most evenings.

    ok, directions to Nos Conucu
    on the main highway (not like the highways i am used to) head towards the aruban resort, it will be on your right. go around the roundabout and take the 2nd exit out of the roundabout heading inland. (there will be a gas station on your left.)
    follow straight til you get to the next big intersection and i think there is a small roundabout there..........take 1st right, follow for about 1/4 - 1/2 mile.
    look for a hardware store on your right and then on the left there should be a sign for NOS CONUCU . Go down that street and Nos Conucu is on the left. Nos Conucu is NOTHING much to look at, but boy is the food good and the open air pavillion with the peacocks roaming freely is terrific.
    very good prices, cheap beer and mixed drinks and excellent keshi yena.

    some evenings they have live bands.


    Quote Originally Posted by monika View Post
    Thank you Girls!
    I am glad there is soo many cheap options ,I won't be hungry...
    Andrea can you give me a directions for Nos Conucu ,please?

    I will make a note of the place you recommend and check them once I will be there.
    What about live music?

  7. #7
    Member monika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Malmok
    Posts
    79
    for sure I will try Nos Conucu..

    Has anybody got lunch at Ostrich Farm??They do a package for $35-pick up,visit and lunch.
    I think it is reasonable price,but I am worry about menu,just ostrich..
    How can I feed and pet them and them eat them???

  8. #8
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by monika View Post
    for sure I will try Nos Conucu..

    Has anybody got lunch at Ostrich Farm??They do a package for $35-pick up,visit and lunch.
    I think it is reasonable price,but I am worry about menu,just ostrich..
    How can I feed and pet them and them eat them???
    We've had lunch there a couple of times - I really like ostrich burgers - the meat is very lean.

    Just look at it like a farm.....we do the same thing with cows, chickens, etc. except this time it's ostriches.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  9. #9
    Member monika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Malmok
    Posts
    79
    yeah I think you right Amy,at least I will try ostrich omlet.

    Okey ,my last two questions.........tonight
    Coctails,any special aruban coctail do I have to try???I heard about brown lady.
    And bread .I do not like white bread at all,do I find there good selection of brown,granary or soya bread/rolls

  10. #10
    Member monika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Malmok
    Posts
    79
    Amy I wish you wonderful trip to Paris,I ve just return from Paris 2 weeks ago...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO