Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Opinions on the best Italian

We really enjoy Sole Mare. Food is very good and staff is friendly.

Aruba since 1979
    My husband just mentioned to me that he remembers a fantastic meal at Elliottis (near Costa Linda) about 4 or so years ago.
    Yup, we did have a good meal there and their caprese salad was EXCELLENT.

hands down, azzurro at playa linda.

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Hostaria Da Vittorio gets our vote as well. Always our first night's dinner. And we have tried almost all of the other Italian places. Outstanding!
    9th trip to Aruba in

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    We like Azzurro at Playa Linda.

Awesome, thanks everyone! Love a bunch of people that are passionate about their food! haha. We'll let you know what we decide on and how it was.

Another vote for Azzurro, and Hostaria da Vittorio and Sole Mare round out this Italian's top 3 places in Aruba

Gianni's food is amazing and their menu is huge. They have many great things I have never seen before so it is not a comparison to NJ where I am from and I would never get red sauce at a restaurant anyway. That said when I was last there they would not let my kids share a meal even though they were 4 and 2 and they said they no longer had a kids menu, we needed to order one meal and get an extra plate to split it. I was so pissed that even though others say this is not happening to them now and it did not happen in my previous trips, I won't go back.
    Jen
    Owner 2 weeks Marriott Surf ClubNov 02, Jul 06, Jul 08, Oct 09, back in Aug 11
    Mom to DS Dec 06 and DD Dec 08

My room at La Cabana! Hahaha! I always bring spices from home and make a few good Italian meals when my California &/or Germany family meet us in Aruba!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I have eaten at Gianni's, Azzurro, Casa Tua, Hosteria d'Vittoria (just a few days ago), Elliott's, Sole Mare, and I have to say the best of the bunch, imo, is Anna Maria's!
    There are all sorts of Italian places that cater to different types of Italian. For example, we go to Casa Tua more for their pizza as their pastas (imo) are just average. Gianni's is in a league all onto itself and I say that because their customer service, and organization is one of the worst around!! Food is good but not exceptional. Azzurro and Sole Mare have the same menu but different atmospheres. Azzurro, when we went, the food was not very good and Sole Mare, we haven't been to since it changed ownership, but for the price we wanted a nicer atmosphere. The place is/was a bit "tacky" with the plastic grapes hanging everywhere but were charging prices of an upscale place.
    Hostaria d"vittoria, we were regulars for years and then it started to change and we stayed away. So a few days ago we went again and both had pasta. It was good but not amazing and the very loud violin player that had music amplified by speakers was not all that appealing. Elliott's we went to on our first night here and we just found it very average.
    So, now to our favourite Italian on the island of Aruba which is Anna Maria's. This place is not for everyone as their recipes are Sicilian Italian and not to everyone's liking but we love it as its fresh and cooked as you order. That can be a downside to some as it takes longer to dine their. That is the operative work...Dine! Not a place you go in and out as most of our dinners their are about 2 hours. Also, prices are right on par with a higher end restaurant so if its a quick pizza and pasta, this is not your place.

happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast