Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Other Side of the Bridge

The Other Side of the Bridge

Today, I posted the first of several new videos that take you to "The Other Side of the Bridge" as I like to call the local joints in Aruba. It's more a sensibility than an exact location. Food, fun, adventure that you'll find off the beaten path. Hope you like the first one because I have several more to come. (Not sure where to post them. Andrea, you can let me know if they're appropriate here or elsewhere.) This one shows you legendary Bandeja Paisa platter up close, Diario newspaper, and the lottery as well as Rancho Josey rum shop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzfMIumkvt4

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Aruba since 1979
    here is good dan!
    thanks for posting.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    always love your videos Dan, looking forward to more great ones!

Hi all,
    Just a follow up for Dan's video. Dan took me to Casa Vieja for lunch and I did have the Bandeja Paisa Platter. Not only was it terrific, it was very reasonable too. Only 22 Afl. One other thing we did that was really great. I had the chance to go on a private tour with with Dan to most of the locations mentioned in his book "An Island Away". The places are real and the locations are as noted in the book. We also met a few of the "real" people from the book. It made the story come alive and gave a whole perspective on the way things used to be. Can't wait to get together with Dan again for more trips to "the other side of the bridge" for more adventures. . . . Thanks Dan for a great day in San Nicolas. . . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Today, I posted the first of several new videos that take you to "The Other Side of the Bridge" as I like to call the local joints in Aruba. It's more a sensibility than an exact location. Food, fun, adventure that you'll find off the beaten path. Hope you like the first one because I have several more to come. (Not sure where to post them. Andrea, you can let me know if they're appropriate here or elsewhere.) This one shows you legendary Bandeja Paisa platter up close, Diario newspaper, and the lottery as well as Rancho Josey rum shop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzfMIumkvt4

Bon dia.

Ok Dan, I need directions to That restaurant please. Near the airport is too vague. Love the video, thanks.

Thanks Dan-you are off the beaten path. . We found the music at a local place "over the bridge" by the marina to be so much fun one Saturday night. Nice cold beers and friendly locals dancing the night away.
    Sean and Susan

Happy to hear you're all enjoying the videos. Arubabob, here's the link to the video showing you how to get to Casa Vieja. It was made before the new traffic circle at the airport. Simply go around the circle to the exit to "CUMANA" which is just as if you made a left turn at the light. The rest is the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr_hPnl3s08

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Hi Dan, Your videos are just terrific makes me feel like I am there. Thank you.
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    i agree! dan's videos and blog etc are welcomed here and very much appreciated.
    i love dan's "finds"

Quote Originally Posted by angelone View Post
    Hi Dan, Your videos are just terrific makes me feel like I am there. Thank you.

As always a wonderful informative video. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast